30 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by Turtle
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   123  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I would think most of the older established Vets and the younger superstars would probably watch this one.

Guys I would expect to sit would be Gurley, Cooks, Talib, Peterson, Joyner, Saffold, Whitworth, Sullivan, Suh, and Brockers.

For some reason I think they'll play Goff a couple of series

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I can’t imagine they’d play Goff with anything other than the starting Oline...

never have since mcvay has been in the house... last year tho, jamon and havenstein were often kept in for 1-2 series longer than the rest of starting line, goff and gurley, during the preseason and regular season blowouts, wonder if they've earned the same amount of rest as the other guys this season?

by TomSlick
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:I’m in same page.

Side note.. one of my fondest memories of last season is how so many people jumped on that awful int Goff threw against Chargers as some kind of sign.

It is kinda fun to read he’s tearing it up in camp.

A couple of days ago in my San Jose Mercury newspaper (sorry, no link, don't want to pay for their site access) 49er beat writer Dieter Kurtenbach mentioned that the RAMS may not be much of a problem this year and the 49ers could win the division. The reason being that the RAMS were limited by Goff. He felt Goff was somewhere between his rookie season and season 2 in his abilities...more likely much closer to his rookie season. Of course, Kurtenbach also mentioned (as does every other Bay Area media person) Sir Jimmy G finished 5-0 with no mention of second string RAMS.

by Turtle
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   123  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Good point about not playing Goff without the starters protecting him. In that case I would be inclined to think Goff might possibly sit Thursday as well.

I wonder if the practices have any influence as to whether he and others play?

by Elvis
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

McVay said if they get good work done today and tomorrow, he'll feel better about sitting players and not risking injury in the game.

So i think it's pretty much a lock a lot of starters won't play Thursday...

by sloramfan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i thought the same thing dick... did you notice mcvay pulled him right after that?

for some reason , because goff looked in control up to that point, i immediately went to the sandbaggin take, why would you pull him and not let him redeem, or get a confidence boost...... and boy did i guess that right...

as i always say, i'd rather be lucky than good..

go rams

slo.

by ramsrams
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:Buffalo is a pretty fun town, even though summer only lasts about 6 minutes

Yes, it is. Really like the people there.

And God bless them, they are at the wrong end of the “lake effect”. They get a couple of feet of snow, and we get an inch.

Know you are a baseball fan. I was actually thinking of heading down to Buffalo to catch a game. Our local nine isn’t doing so well, so all the hype is centered on Vlad’s kid. The media coverage up here is nuts. Haven’t seen anything like it since Crosby was annointed “The Next One”.

Then, at nineteen, he hits .400 in Double A.

Called up to Buffalo a few days ago. Be cool to see him before he makes The Show.

by Phil
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   170  
United States of America   Norwalk, CA
Rookie

Is the Coliseum ready for action?

• 3 / 3
30 posts Apr 18 2024