21 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by vcsjoecurley
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Sean McVay was sitting at the podium besides Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters, introducing the Los Angeles Rams’ new Pro Bowl cornerback duo, when he spotted Aubrey Pleasant behind a bank of TV cameras.

https://www.vcstar.com/story/sports/nfl/rams/2018/07/25/rams-talented-secondary-hopes-live-up-lock-angeles-moniker/835693002/

by Elvis
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

"But in the pass-heavy NFL, a diamond-studded secondary that snatches takeaways like gold chains may just be the unit that paves the way to the Super Bowl."

Hey now...

by sloramfan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i have to admit, i did not like "lock angeles" when i first heard it on behind the grind...

in fact i thought it was a pretty weak attempt at what could have been a really cool nickname..

but it's starting to grow on me...

go rams

slo

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Love the input and information Joe! Smooth reading with tons of information.

Bonus, I always enjoy listening to you and Jake on the Downtown Rams podcast.

Stoked that you're sharing on my favorite Rams site!

What are the camp position battles that intrigue you the most?

I know OLB and ILB are not settled but Brown's replacement at RG and the TE positions are also intriguing.

Thanks again for sharing and looking forward to your insight throughout this coming season!

by /zn/
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I would like a nickname that applies to the whole D and reflects the fact that a DL of Donald, Suh, and Brockers promises to be awesome.

LockAngeles of course just applies to the secondary, and no complaints there. It's like the LOB nickname for the Seattle secondary.

But the DL promises to be as great as the secondary promises to be which means the entire D promises to be very special.

And...I have no suggestions. :|

After the fearsome foursome, the great Rams 70s defenses didn't have a nickname either. That D, the one after Jones left, was ranked top 5 (and 1st a couple of times) for 6 consecutive years from 73 to 78.

It shoulda had its own nickname.

by Hacksaw
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

If AD signs you know the "Fearsome Threesome" moniker is going to rear it's head by the geniuses calling our games..

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:If AD signs you know the "Fearsome Threesome" moniker is going to rear it's head by the geniuses calling our games..

We could go with the "Terrible Trio". That way, regardless of whether they have an amazing season or a horrible one, we'd be right.

• 1 / 3
21 posts Mar 29 2024