31 posts
  • 3 / 4

Few expect much from _______, but I think he'll be a difference maker.

Josh Reynolds
5%
Tyler Higbee
10%
Gerald Everett
24%
Dominique Easley
14%
John Franklin-Myers
5%
Ejuan Price
10%
Ramik Wilson
5%
Sam Shields
No votes
0%
Someone else (who?)
29%
 by RedAlice
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:
I think we'll have a better inkling once training camp starts. A bit too early to tell at this point. Just by McVay's history with TE's and how second year players typically jumps in production, I voted for Gerald Everett.

Agree on the TEs. I almost picked Everett (and I picked him up last season in a dynasty FF league).

But for some reason picked Hig.

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

fwiw everett saw 8 redzone targets last year, 5th most among rams, comparatively watkins saw 10, just 2 more than everett, whereas higbee only saw 3 rz targets... anyway the rams tight end unit was one of the least utilized te units in the league last season in terms of the passing game, and among the least efficient in terms of catching the ball, here are a few rankings:

targets - 27th
catches - 28th
yards - 25th
1st down catches - 31st
catch rate per target - 28th
targets as % of total targets - 24th
catches as % of total catches - 28th
tds per target - 27th
tds per catch - 25th
1st downs per target - 32nd
1st down per catch 23rd

that said it's almost impossible to complain about the unit, criticize it's performance, or second guess mcvay's use/development of the unit given how hugely successful the rams were on offense last season, but it does make you wonder if there is even a plan to give it a bigger role in 2018?

by Hacksaw
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

bubbaramfan wrote:Temerick Hemmingway. McVay was really high on him last year at TC and he was getting a lot of looks. McVay couldn't stop talking about him.

AvengerRam wrote:Well, that would be poetic.
(See what I did there? 8-) )

At TC last year, while up close and personal, TH got his first crack at the Jugs machine and 'stone handed' his first ball. It looked like it bothered him... Just sayin'.

by ramsman34
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8463  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

bubbaramfan wrote:Temerick Hemmingway. McVay was really high on him last year at TC and he was getting a lot of looks. McVay couldn't stop talking about him.

YEP! He looked really solid in his first training camp and on the rise before the injury dropped him last season. He will become a force in both the pass and run game. Mark my words; this kid is going to shine and become TE 1a to Everett as the starter. Higbee is on notice. 40 receptions, 700+ yds, 6 TDs. I will humbly eat my words if I am wrong, barring injury, of course.

by HUbison
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2  
Ireland   Kentucky
Undrafted Free Agent

Can't be Ejuan Price. A small defender from Univ. of Pitt will never make it.

No, but seriously, Price gets looked over because he's kind of a one trick pony in pass rushing, but with all the eyes on Donald/Brockers/Suh.......one trick might be all he needs to rack up half a dozen sacks or so.

by Hacksaw
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Welcome to RFU @HUbison .

Easley could fit that description too.

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:They must have been male dogs. They are much more resistant to electric than females. If I put a collar on any one of my three female German Shorthairs all three of them instantly become good dogs.

interesting, altho i have no idea if they were male or female.

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Please understand that having an obedient dog is not being mean to the dog. Being mean to the dog would be having an out of control dog which is much more likely to get into harms way. I give my Shorthairs a lot of latitude when they are hunting. If they are not pushing to the limit they are not working to their potential. It is much better to bump birds than to not get close enough to not bump birds at all.

can't speak for anyone else, but i didn't take what you posted as being harsh to your four-legged family members.

• 3 / 4
31 posts Mar 28 2024