9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by RamsFanSince82
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I don't subscribe to the Athletic, but this guy had this fun tweet earlier today (actually it was tweeted yesterday, but I didn't see it until this morning).

by Hacksaw
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Those blocks by Rodger were awesome.
The Eagles were fooled enough you could almost here them saying 'which way did he go, George?'...

by aeneas1
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

if you do the free subscription you can read the whole thing, which is pretty lengthy... in one section the author points to the deep pass to watkins against the giants and includes the 22 film of the play, says the giants had 8 in the box, which they didn't... anyway what's amazing about that play is goff bootlegs right while watkinss streak downs the left side on a skinny post - the amazing thing is how many giants defenders, line and secondary, flow with goff to that side of the field - heck, before goff throws the ball least 3-4 giants lb/db are covering half the field with no rams wr in sight, they've all bolted to the opposite side of the field, i.e. the giants defenders are covering a completely empty field... offensive scheme.

by aeneas1
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

forgot to mention, one concept the author points out is very interesting, and the rams did it a lot in 2017 - screen pass to gurley off of play action.

linebackers see the fake handoff to gurley and bite, they crash towards los, while receivers take the dbs downfield... once the linebackers realize it's a fake, they immediately reverse field and quickly drop into coverage, hustling to get in position to defend against the pass... this leaves a lot of open room between the linebackers who are moving quickly away from the los, in the opposite direction, and the defensive linemen who are allowed to penetrate... gurley catches the screen in space, with room to work. clever play.

by Extremes
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   121  
Belarus   LA
Practice Squad

They are sneaky, I got the free trail to just read that article both parts one and two, but then I cancelled, but if you log on like I did to read part 2, it automatically turns on your subscription so you again have to cancel. And I thought the majority of their content was okay, but the Goff is a puppet theme(with McVay reading the defense for him) just annoys the shit out me.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Mar 28 2024