10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Ramsdude
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

That is awesome Elvis. Thanks for posting that!

by RamsFanSince89
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   165  
United States of America   Orcutt, Ca
Rookie

Just curious, how old are you Elvis?

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

RamsFanSince89 wrote:Just curious, how old are you Elvis?

Trying to figure out if maybe i'm the real Elvis?

Born in '61, i was certainly aware of the Rams as a kid growing up in L.A. but didn't really become a fan (of the Rams or NFL football) until '79, the year i graduated high school...

by RamsFanSince89
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   165  
United States of America   Orcutt, Ca
Rookie

Elvis wrote:Trying to figure out if maybe i'm the real Elvis?

Born in '61, i was certainly aware of the Rams as a kid growing up in L.A. but didn't really become a fan (of the Rams or NFL football) until '79, the year i graduated high school...

Really cool man. Thanks. I was born in ‘78 but didn’t become a fan until ‘89. I was still 10 at the time and decided to root for the best LA team in each sport that year. The Dodgers had just won the world series, the Lakers were in the Showtime era, & the Rams were going deep in the playoffs most years.

by moklerman
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince89 wrote:Really cool man. Thanks. I was born in ‘78 but didn’t become a fan until ‘89. I was still 10 at the time and decided to root for the best LA team in each sport that year. The Dodgers had just won the world series, the Lakers were in the Showtime era, & the Rams were going deep in the playoffs most years.

I know I was a fan by '80 when I was 9 because I distinctly remember predicting the Rams and Steelers would meet again in the Super Bowl(with the Rams winning this time, of course). But we didn't have cable and they often didn't show the Rams games over the air. It had to be around 8 or 9 years old that I developed an interest in football but I don't think I watched a game until 1980.

But, speaking of the LA teams of that era, it used to always bug me that the Rams shared a stadium with the Angels. I was a Dodgers fan and I wanted the Rams to share space with them so all my teams could be together.

Sadly, the Rams moving to Anaheim really did relegate them to 2nd class citizens for many fans in LA. The Raiders became the #1 team in football for LA fans. Rosenbloom made a lot of good decisions in his time but in retrospect, moving the Rams to Anaheim was a blunder that basically greased the skids for them to leave SoCal.

In the long run though, who's to say how things would have worked if they stayed in the Coliseum? I think things are pretty good for Rams fans right now and getting better and probably had to pan out the way that they did.

Just think if the Rams had stayed at the Coliseum. The Coliseum Commission may have extended it's exclusive rights to football deal and kept a stranglehold on the LA market. The Rams still wouldn't have their own place. Georgia may have move to Baltimore instead of St. Louis. The Raiders may have never moved to LA and taken St. Louis. And on and on.

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
Administrator

RamsFanSince89 wrote:Really cool man. Thanks. I was born in ‘78 but didn’t become a fan until ‘89. I was still 10 at the time and decided to root for the best LA team in each sport that year. The Dodgers had just won the world series, the Lakers were in the Showtime era, & the Rams were going deep in the playoffs most years.

I was a big Lakers fan at 10 (Wilt, West) but didn't really get interested in MLB or NFL till later. Loved the Showtime years with the Lakers and the Fernando/Hershiser years with the Dodgers but my fandom for the Lakers and Dodgers kind of fell away and now it's pretty much all Rams/NFL for me, has been for a long time...

by SWAdude
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:I was a big Lakers fan at 10 (Wilt, West)

Me and you were born in the same year. I too was a big Laker fan (still am with the Dodgers but the Rams are my number 1 team).

That same year they won the Championship I shot hoops with Wilt.

A story I will share the next time we meet. :)

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
Administrator

SWAdude wrote:Me and you were born in the same year. I too was a big Laker fan (still am with the Dodgers but the Rams are my number 1 team).

That same year they won the Championship I shot hoops with Wilt.

A story I will share the next time we meet. :)

Wow, looking forward to hearing that.

Can't top it but i did once roller skate along side Kareem. I can report he was very tall, bizarrely so on skates...

by Claremontram
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

You guys are youngsters. I was born in 1953. Been a Rams fan since 1963. The Rams are all I know or care about. Lost interest in the Lakers after Kobe left. I don't even recognize the players.

I love my Rams!

• 1 / 1
10 posts Mar 28 2024