36 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:"Snowflake" AND an eyeroll emoji? I can't be the only one who's really impressed.

Love that mokler humor.
I too thank the op for posting NFL news in the NFL Forum.
Interesting that he never returned kicks for the Rams even with Austin having that locked down so tight. Oh, wait a minute

by moklerman
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Love that mokler humor.
I too thank the op for posting NFL news in the NFL Forum.
Interesting that he never returned kicks for the Rams even with Austin having that locked down so tight. Oh, wait a minute
Makes me wonder just how "fast" Watkins is? I never got the impression that he was a burner or a freak like T.O. with size and actual speed. Is SW just fast for his size or fast period?

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Makes me wonder just how "fast" Watkins is? I never got the impression that he was a burner or a freak like T.O. with size and actual speed. Is SW just fast for his size or fast period?

At the NFL combine, Watkins ran a 4.43 and Cooks ran a 4.33 (slightly faster than Austin and Desean Jackson). Watkins isn't really that big (he's 6'1" and 211 pounds).

John Ross (4.22), followed by Chris Johnson (4.24) ran the fastest at the NFL combine.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... /98769014/

by moklerman
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:At the NFL combine, Watkins ran a 4.43 and Cooks ran a 4.33 (slightly faster than Austin and Desean Jackson). Watkins isn't really that big (he's 6'1" and 211 pounds).

John Ross (4.22), followed by Chris Johnson (4.24) ran the fastest at the NFL combine.

4.43 is plenty fast and for his size, more so. He isn't huge but over 6' and a low 4.4 is pretty fast straight line speed. It was probably just a combination of things but as a Ram, I just never got that feeling that the defense was worried about his speed.

by R4L
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

I doubt he does this when the season starts. Maybe they are just experimenting during workouts. At 16 Mill with a screw in his ankle i don't see it.

by Ramsdude
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

R4L wrote:I doubt he does this when the season starts. Maybe they are just experimenting during workouts. At 16 Mill with a screw in his ankle i don't see it.

Agreed. In fact, it doesn't seem very smart that they even have him doing it now. If he hurts his foot, he is really "screwed". :lol2: What is Andy thinking?? Maybe SW will be taking snaps at RB next week. :roll2:

by BobCarl
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   4282  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

RamsFanSince82 wrote:At the NFL combine, Watkins ran a 4.43 and Cooks ran a 4.33 (slightly faster than Austin and Desean Jackson). Watkins isn't really that big (he's 6'1" and 211 pounds).

Wrong.

Bo Jackson turned in an electronically timed 4.13 at the Regional Combine in 1986

by R4L
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

BobCarl wrote:Wrong.

Bo Jackson turned in an electronically timed 4.13 at the Regional Combine in 1986

And Deion ran a 4.21.

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -happened/

Bo Jackson says record-setting 40 time never happened
Bo Jackson says his record-setting reported 40 time at the NFL Combine never happened.

by Brad Crawford
@BCrawford247
Mar 3, 2018 • 1 min read UPDATE Mar 3, 2018, 7:01pm

Former Heisman-winning tailback and College Football Hall of Famer Bo Jackson says his renowned record-setting time of 4.12 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine in 1986 never happened as it has been previously reported.

Jackson, who was selected No. 1 overall by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, supposedly posted the time before he was drafted during the combine's infancy. Oakland Raiders team historian Jerry Knaak reported Friday that Jackson's blazing fast time never happened since the multi-sport star skipped his combine invite that season.

Jackson has now confirmed Knaak's story.

"I did not go because I was already picked to be the first person to go in the draft," Jackson said, according to Raiders.com. "If you're going to be the first person to go in the draft, why should you go to a combine and do all of that? It wasn't built up like it is now. Now it's a TV production; it's a whole show."

Jackson attests he still holds the fastest time all-time and it happened in front of NFL scouts at Auburn before a track practice — 4.13 seconds.

With this information, former Washington wideout John Ross now holds the all-time record at the combine, accomplishing the feat last season.

by BobCarl
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   4282  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:
Jackson attests he still holds the fastest time all-time and it happened in front of NFL scouts at Auburn (which in 1986 was considered a Regional Combine) (he ran the 40 at the Combine before leaving to go to) a track practice — 4.13 seconds.

It still happened.

• 2 / 4
36 posts Mar 28 2024