5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

got to know paul, mr. all things uniform, during my memorabilia collecting days, just a great guy, and had fun doing a few articles for his tremendous website "uniwatch" many moons ago... if you catch yourself thinking you care a bit too much about uniforms, rams uniforms, past, current or future, rest assured that your uniform fetish doesn't begin to come close to paul's lifelong fascination - comparatively we have nothing more than a passing interest!

anyway, i ran the nike thing past paul this morning and he shot back a response:

me: i have a quick question - we all know that nike will provide the nfl with uniforms for years to come, but do they actually design nfl uniforms, in terms of re-working team logos, numbers, stripes? if so, i'm sure they don't have carte blanche, so how much input do they actually have? i'm sure teams have plenty of say, and the final say, no?

paul: Nike's in-house designers sometimes do the redesign work, or sometimes it's outsourced to a branding firm. Either way, the team has the final say.

paul's awesomely entertaining website:
https://uni-watch.com/

he's also a regular columnist at espn:
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/225 ... iform-name

by 69RamFan
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

I think this Uni would look sweet....

The helmets could be changed the other way with white horns with the royal blue background.
Attachments
Rams Helmet1.jpg
deacon-jones-los-angeles-throwback-retro.jpg

by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:I think this Uni would look sweet....

not wild about that helmet concept, a lot like the vardaman high school rams (ms):

x01.jpg

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Anybody else dig through the site and see that the 9ers are getting new unis? Sounds like just new alternates, but still...

Just seems to me no one else has any trouble whatsoever making uniform changes. Got to wonder why it's so damn hard for the Rams? Who was that team who refused to wear their color rush last year? Did they ever get in trouble for that? Fined? Nope. Why don't we just say, "Hey, we're not wearing the Blue uniforms. In those two games we'll wear either our Color Rush, Throwbacks, or Whites. K, thanks, bye."

Must be the mean ol' NFL head office holding us back again. :roll2:

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

:shock2: Yikes

They have skinny horns too. At least they 'V' in the front which is more Ram-natural. But the blue on white :? .. Reverse that and fix the horns, it'd be cool.

PS. Diggin the Gabe's. And what ever happens, keep the block style numbers. That is the font they've had forever.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Mar 29 2024