2017 Mis-Matched Attempt at Blue and White
61%
 by rams74
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1460  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I voted for the mismatch.

But back in 2001, I really didn't mind that uniform, with gold pants and gold panel down the side of the jersey. If they could bring back the gold pants, so that everything would match, I'd vote for this version of the Millennium Blue/New Century Gold colors (as a temporary solution to get us to the redesign).

Once they did away with the gold pants, I've disliked every combination since, but especially every combination with blue pants. Blue on blue is the worst.

I'm looking forward to the redesign, and I suspect I will be happy with it, as long as they stick to royal blue/canary yellow. If it's a decision that rests completely with any one person alone (or with Nike alone), then that's a worry. But I hope that the new design choices will be shown to focus groups for their input. If real Ram fans are given input, then I will feel somewhat better.

P.S. And oh yeah, wider horns. I don't think I've ever seen anybody like the skinny horns. That one seems to be unanimous.

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I saw some pics of OTA’s and I’ll be damned if those horns aren’t wider. If I could figure out how to post pics from my phone I would....

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

As an an observer who deems himself too cool to get involved in the uniform thing i must say i find it interesting that almost all of you guys want to go back 20, 30 years for our new uniform. Why not something totally new and radical. Remember those helmet designs someone posted a couple of months ago? They looked awesome. Totally new age. I loved those.

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

dieterbrock wrote:I saw some pics of OTA’s and I’ll be damned if those horns aren’t wider. If I could figure out how to post pics from my phone I would....

Or Talib has a small head. Haha

by moklerman
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:As an an observer who deems himself too cool to get involved in the uniform thing i must say i find it interesting that almost all of you guys want to go back 20, 30 years for our new uniform. Why not something totally new and radical. Remember those helmet designs someone posted a couple of months ago? They looked awesome. Totally new age. I loved those.
I don't want new and radical. That's how the Jaguars ended up with two-tone helmets.

I want to celebrate tradition and honestly, act like the Rams never left L.A. and that would mean the '73-'99 uniforms and colors. Modern tailoring is fine but anything too far removed from those uniforms and they better come up with something even better.

by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I don't want new and radical. That's how the Jaguars ended up with two-tone helmets.

and that's what happens when you let nike sell you on their concepts. :oops2:

hopefully the rams, being in l.a., won't ask disney for their input:

01.jpg

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:and that's what happens when you let nike sell you on their concepts. :oops2:

hopefully the rams, being in l.a., won't ask disney for their input:

01.jpg

Gotta say, I love the Bengals version

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Horny Mcbae wrote:As an an observer who deems himself too cool to get involved in the uniform thing i must say i find it interesting that almost all of you guys want to go back 20, 30 years for our new uniform. Why not something totally new and radical. Remember those helmet designs someone posted a couple of months ago? They looked awesome. Totally new age. I loved those.

Not surprisingly, a lot of us older fans have an emotional attachment to past looks. And there's a lot of us. We're the core fan base, at least for now.

The Rams know this but they also want to look forward, do something new, modern and cool.

It's a tightrope. Can they do it, please everyone? Or maybe the question is, how badly will they fail?

by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Gotta say, I love the Bengals version

who doesn't love tigger?

by TomSlick
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Nostalgia.

• 6 / 7
61 posts Mar 29 2024