For the years in the Coliseum before the new stadium opens:

2016 St. Louis Uniform
39%
2017 Mis-Matched Attempt at Blue and White
61%
 by ramsman34
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Gareth wrote:I voted for the current mismatch. The white horns are far and away my favorite.

I would love them to keep the white horns going forward but I’m pretty sure they are going to go with yellow.

Then why would they switch to white on the helmet? White and blue will be the color scheme going forward. Yellow getting worked in is the challenge. Perhaps they petition the league to use blue and yellow 4x a season?????

by ramsman34
5 years 10 months ago

I have a blue, white, black/yellow concept that I only hope I find a way to present; futuristic and classic, concurrently. If any graphic artist on this board wants to help me bring this concept to light, PM me. Seriously. No really. I am not kidding.
The concept is off the rails cool.

by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I have a blue, white, black/yellow concept that I only hope I find a way to present; futuristic and classic, concurrently. If any graphic artist on this board wants to help me bring this concept to light, PM me. Seriously. No really. I am not kidding.
The concept is off the rails cool.

i'm intrigued...

by ramsman34
5 years 10 months ago

aeneas1 wrote:i'm intrigued...

PM me bro

by max
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I feel fairly confident that Demoff won’t change to the throwbacks for the next 2 years, regardless of the current wave in the media and fandom.

There will be a rebrand, either next year or more likely in 2020 to coincide with the new stadium.

Maybe they’ll tweak the current mismatch, but that’s about it until the rebrand.

My biggest fear is that the rebrand will be ugly. I don’t trust Demoff to get it right.

by ramsman34
5 years 10 months ago

max wrote:I feel fairly confident that Demoff won’t change to the throwbacks for the next 2 years, regardless of the current wave in the media and fandom.

There will be a rebrand, either next year or more likely in 2020 to coincide with the new stadium.

Maybe they’ll tweak the current mismatch, but that’s about it until the rebrand.

My biggest fear is that the rebrand will be ugly. I don’t trust Demoff to get it right.

Demoff isnt a graphic designer. He just has to sign off on the design.

by max
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Demoff isnt a graphic designer. He just has to sign off on the design.

I understand that. But if there's a way for anyone to screw up uniforms, I think Demoff would be the guy who can pull that off. He meddles way too much in this area where he has no business being.

My daughter is in the graphic design business in NYC. She said Nike is a major player in this and will do fine if the client doesn't meddle. I asked her if clients ever meddle, and she said yes, the bad ones.

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I never lived in LA or STL and I reject your claim about how “nomads” feel

Don't worry. I deliberately avoided speaking for all "nomads" (though I know from experience a lot of them do feel the way I do). Here's what I actually said:

A large percentage of online Rams fans on Rams message boards are "nomads" who are not from either LA or St.L. We are no more homogeneous than either LA or St.L fans are, but you can make some rough generalizations about us. So for example the fact that some associate the blue/gold helmets with St.Louis doesn't mean anything to me at all.

I say we're not homogenous. When I get to the uniform I say "to me" making that comment specific to me.

So I took all the right precautions on an issue that is volatile and controversial and did not say the thing you;'re arguing with. (Though you would have to do a LOT of work to convince me that a large percentage of nomads feel the way you do. Still I did quite deliberately allow for heterogeneity. So there's nothing to "reject.")

Oh, and, Max, here's the vote as it stands right now:

2016 ST. LOUIS UNIFORM: 44%
2017 MIS-MATCHED ATTEMPT AT BLUE AND WHITE: 56%

Slight majority prefer the mismatch so far. But it's hardly overwhelming and my bet is, if you personally guessed the numbers before looking, you wouldn't get it right.

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

R4L wrote:please accept my apologies

Okay.

8-)

by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I understand that. But if there's a way for anyone to screw up uniforms, I think Demoff would be the guy who can pull that off. He meddles way too much in this area where he has no business being.

My daughter is in the graphic design business in NYC. She said Nike is a major player in this and will do fine if the client doesn't meddle. I asked her if clients ever meddle, and she said yes, the bad ones.

i think nike, left to their own devices, is a nightmare that's sure to happen, i hope to god that the rams have folks in house that won't only meddle, but will have a clear vision of what they want and make nike toe the line.

at least the league finally bailed on nike's ugly "web" collar last season (pictured below), nike finally came out with an alternative to the eyesore in 2017, which just about every team opted for:

02.jpg

• 4 / 7
61 posts Mar 28 2024