11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

just a kickass job keeping the forum up to date on all things rams, the articles, tweets, latest news, everything, awesome stuff gang!

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Special props to Elvis & 82 for the daily news feeds. Especially this time of year.
Makes for some interesting talk.

BTW, did anyone catch that LA vs SF rekindled rivalry bit on ESPN last evening around 5:30 PDT? I was in a taco bar and couldn't hear what was being said...

by Watchdog
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   249  
United States of America   Long Beach
Rookie

What else would you expect, other than the same great site which used to be "RealRamsFans," but is now the west coast version with most of the same players. RRF is virtually a ghost town these days.

I was wondering if this was by design, phasing out RRF, or if it's just out with the old and in with this?

Curious.

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Watchdog wrote:What else would you expect, other than the same great site which used to be "RealRamsFans," but is now the west coast version with most of the same players. RRF is virtually a ghost town these days.

I was wondering if this was by design, phasing out RRF, or if it's just out with the old and in with this?

Curious.

Hey dog,

i wrote this when we first started RFU:

As the move to L.A. becomes more likely and more apparent, things are changing at the usual boards, many of the St. Louis based boards will disappear. So the idea is, this can be a new place for a lot of us to talk Rams football.

As for how much or how little the site will be moderated, we'll see how it goes. In principle, less is more but we'll see...

But basically RRF was already dying, the PD is a pit, ROD had banned relocation talk, the Rams were probably moving to L.A. and a lot of us live in L.A. It was a chance to keep it going, but also to do camp reports and the kind of stuff the St. Louis guys did for us...

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Watchdog wrote:What else would you expect, other than the same great site which used to be "RealRamsFans," but is now the west coast version with most of the same players. RRF is virtually a ghost town these days.

Curious.

This site is/was never connected to RRF in any way other than the common members..

The move to LA was likely to change RRF's memberships behavior and participation so this all inclusive Rams site was created by Mr Elvis Motes in case things went further south there. All were/are welcome here,, and as things have it RFU became part of the restoration process.

If anyone here want's to invite guys like Rod De Kruyf, minlaw, AfricanRam and others (I think Rambill and RubberSoul could be bots) please do.
I think Primetime, den-the-coach, LoyalRam, OldSchool to name a few also hang at ROD. Miss those guys.

by Watchdog
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   249  
United States of America   Long Beach
Rookie

Hacksaw wrote:This site is/was never connected to RRF in any way other than the common members..

The move to LA was likely to change RRF's memberships behavior and participation so this all inclusive Rams site was created by Mr Elvis Motes in case things went further south there. All were/are welcome here,, and as things have it RFU became part of the restoration process.

If anyone here want's to invite guys like Rod De Kruyf, minlaw, AfricanRam and others (I think Rambill and RubberSoul could be bots) please do.
I think Primetime, den-the-coach, LoyalRam, OldSchool to name a few also hang at ROD. Miss those guys.

They will probably find a way here. ELVIS - I didn't know you were Mr. Motes HAHA!

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Watchdog wrote:They will probably find a way here. ELVIS - I didn't know you were Mr. Motes HAHA!

A couple of them do stop by, and some members from RRF are here with different screen names. (I don't want to "out" anybody Lol)
Den stops in every once in awhile, OldSchool used to post here.
Good core of RRF here for sure

by snackdaddy
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:A couple of them do stop by, and some members from RRF are here with different screen names. (I don't want to "out" anybody Lol)
Den stops in every once in awhile, OldSchool used to post here.
Good core of RRF here for sure

Den and Old School spend a lot of time at ROD these days. We do have a lot of RRF'ers here. That's why this forum will always be my favorite. I see a lot of the RRF people here and remember how good that forum was. I don't like change. I must be a republican. 8-)

I think we all knew RRF would be a ghost town after the move. A lot of them that are still fans came here while others who were only fans because of st louis left. I haven't even checked there in a while. Last time the first page was all Rambill with no replies.

by TomSlick
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Watchdog wrote: ELVIS - I didn't know you were Mr. Motes HAHA!

According to various police reports, it is kind of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type thing.

by TomSlick
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:BTW, did anyone catch that LA vs SF rekindled rivalry bit on ESPN last evening around 5:30 PDT? I was in a taco bar and couldn't hear what was being said...

Saw it. They said that the first game was a "who cares, both teams suck ('suck' is my word, not theirs. Just paraphrasing what they said)" type of game. Of course, they had to mention niners finished 5-0 with NO reference to the fact the RAMS rested everyone. They concluded that this series should be a burner for quite some time given the youth and coaching staffs. So, they got the last bit right, but ESPN sucks so "who cares" what they say.

• 1 / 2
11 posts Mar 29 2024