Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I'd say the panel is still skeptical.

by /zn/
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I'd say the panel is still skeptical.

Well it's possible for them to take Orlovsky as a kind of homer who's talking up a player and a coach he knows.

I don't need for Goff to be widely acclaimed yet. Probably like you, I just figure that will come.

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

not sure too many players were leaning over to the guy next to them in team meetings and saying "this guy's a genius" a couple of years ago... :laughing: good friggin' grief, what a difference a year can make.

by /zn/
5 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:not sure too many players were leaning over to the guy next to them in team meetings and saying "this guy's a genius"

He didn;t say this guy is a genius (not that he would deny it). What he actually said to Goff is you have no idea how lucky you are. And Orlovsky has played for offensive coaches like Greg Olson and Gary Kubiak.

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I'd say the panel is still skeptical.

and why shouldn't it be, didn't you get the memo, the rams qb group ranks in the bottom half of the league headed into the 2018 season according to espn's mike clay!

by RamsFanSince89
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   165  
United States of America   Orcutt, Ca
Rookie

When talking to other non Ram fans, they tend to discredit Goff. Meaning Derek Carr and Wentz are "great" QBs but Goff is just a "good" QB with a phenomenal coach. I'd prefer that they say Goff is great too, but as long as we're winning, I can go along with it.

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince89 wrote:When talking to other non Ram fans, they tend to discredit Goff. Meaning Derek Carr and Wentz are "great" QBs but Goff is just a "good" QB with a phenomenal coach. I'd prefer that they say Goff is great too, but as long as we're winning, I can go along with it.

the same non rams fans most likely think garoppolo is a top 5 qb, and would be surprised to find he's started just 7 nfl games in his 4 years in the league, then again most nfl fans get their info from 30 sec sound bytes.

by /zn/
5 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince89 wrote:When talking to other non Ram fans, they tend to discredit Goff. Meaning Derek Carr and Wentz are "great" QBs but Goff is just a "good" QB with a phenomenal coach. I'd prefer that they say Goff is great too, but as long as we're winning, I can go along with it.

That;s my feeling to (that I can just go along with it). If he takes another step he will quiet critics. If he doesn't he's still good.

• 1 / 5
44 posts Apr 19 2024