44 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by Watchdog
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   249  
United States of America   Long Beach
Rookie

RamsFanSince89 wrote:When talking to other non Ram fans, they tend to discredit Goff. Meaning Derek Carr and Wentz are "great" QBs but Goff is just a "good" QB with a phenomenal coach. I'd prefer that they say Goff is great too, but as long as we're winning, I can go along with it.

Dude - does anyone here think Tom Terrific is the same Brady-Bunch turd without BB?

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Watchdog wrote:Dude - does anyone here think Tom Terrific is the same Brady-Bunch turd without BB?

Hammer meeting nail!

All the great QB's have had great coaches or visa versa. IMO.

Bill Walsh/Joe Montana...Tom Landry/Roger Staubach...ect....

It's hard to separate one from the other when they're both great.

I'm hoping McVay/Goff ends up in the same sentence as some of the above. 8-)

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Vermeil himself said he changed his approach to offensive football while with the Rams. You don't find him credible?

And anyone who was watching could see how different the offense was, philosophically, in '99.

I remember an early report (training camp i think) in '99 where, after catching a TD, Bruce was quoted as saying something like, "now that's an NFL offense."

It was apparent to pretty much everyone and Vermeil said as much himself...

Zampese was also the OC in 87 with Dickerson/Everett co-existing so there certainly was a "continuity" level there.
Sure Everett blossomed, that's what you expect when trade for a top 5 drafted QB. As for the offense? It still had Robinson's stamp all over it with White & Bell pounding out the 1K+ rushing seasons while the team still went over 2K.
Another absurd conversation in trying to say there was any continuity from 98-99 with Rams offensive football

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Sports, #ross tucker, #ross tucker football podcast

Former NFL Quarterback Dan Orlovsky talks about his recent experience with the LA Rams including his thoughts on HC Sean McVay & Jared Goff. Dan & Ross also discuss Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, and Nick Foles.

Orlovksy starts at about 3:20 in and begins by answering questions about the Rams. He then discusses other things

https://www.spreaker.com/user/8430262/r ... n-orlovsky

==

• 5 / 5
44 posts Mar 28 2024