41 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by moklerman
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Just a tad before my time but a great coach during his era. One of the all-time Rams greats.

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:

the above tweet is from knox's, apparently, only granddaughter lee ann norman, altho she seems to use the knox name quite a bit - she's been lobbying to get knox into the hof for quite some time now, here's a good read:

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/los-ang ... 6276213428

in fact, lee ann seems like an interesting person, her blog:

https://viralmd.wordpress.com/

anyway, i was a huge knox fan, loved that he was the rams hc, just really dug the cut of his jib, plus the success he had as the rams hc didn't hurt... i wanted to puke when malavasi took over the team, the polar opposite of knox, and talk about inheriting a team, 19 of the 22 rams players who started the most games in 1979 for malavasi, when the rams went to the super bowl, were from from knox's rams... anyway, 86 years old, what full and remarkable life, rip coach knox!

by max
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Was like yesterday to me. 1973. Rams don the blue and yellow, Knox takes the wheel. Rams are back in the highlife again. Six years of top tier football. Just couldn’t get us to the promised land. Damn those Vikings.

by dieterbrock
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Just a tad before my time but a great coach during his era. One of the all-time Rams greats.

Knox vol II was your time no?

by 69superbowl
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   477  
Malaysia   San Jose
Starter

RIP Ground Chuck. Right in the early wheelhouse of my years as a Ram fan. Tough defense, verrry conservative offense focusing on the running game. Not the most exciting guy, but a true Ram Hall of Famer. Thanks for the great years GC.

by Elvis
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Knox's Rams heyday was just before my time too.

One funny story i think i heard Doug Kirkorian tell on the radio about Knox was reporters never liked Knox because they liked to bet the games and Knox would always screw the Rams covering with his conservative coaching.

Now i know that anecdote has some holes in it, like why not bet against the Rams if you know they never cover and love Knox for being so predictable?

Lee Ann seems to have deleted her tweet but here's a times story about her:

by SWAdude
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

1973 was the year I fell in love our Rams. Chuck Knox was in the very center of this team that year. The games were so much fun.

I remember him going to Seattle and how much that bummed me out. And it was his team that went to the SB for us.

My guess he was very happy to see the Rams back in LA. At least I would like to think that.

May he rest in peace.

• 1 / 5
41 posts Apr 18 2024