7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by snackdaddy
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't think this is any surprise to most. I read somewhere the reason they didn't want to pick up someone like Junior Galette is because they didn't want to lose those comp picks.

https://overthecap.com/2019-compensator ... -5-8-2018/

by actionjack
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   3899  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Good info, looks like we may get a 7th rounder for Cody Davis :D

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

None of this is official yet.

However, any FA's signed now (after yesterday) don't factor in the compensation forumula so if we do sign anyone else it won't change compensation we're due next year...

by snackdaddy
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:None of this is official yet.

However, any FA's signed now (after yesterday) don't factor in the compensation forumula so if we do sign anyone else it won't change compensation we're due next year...

I thought it was a done deal when I first saw this. I think this is considered the most likely scenario for teams with comp picks. Good to know we won't lose one if we pick up a free agent. Although with the cap space being so tight I wouldn't expect anything significant. I feel like they're rolling with what they have now. Which is actually pretty good roster.

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 20912075-4

The Rams are on track to get two third-round compensatory picks in next year's draft, according to OverTheCap. That's a significant haul for a Rams team that has had the NFL's lowest draft capital these last two years. Basically, comp picks are given to teams who lose more to free agency than they acquire. The Rams made big moves this offseason, but Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters and Brandin Cooks don't count towards it because they were acquired via trade. Neither does Ndamukong Suh, who became a free agent after being cut. Two players who do count: Sammy Watkins and Trumaine Johnson, who signed with other teams.

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer
2h ago

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Rams are very good with 3rd round picks, beating the averages by a lot.

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:None of this is official yet.

Yup, so getting a Galette or a Bowman right now wont affect that.
Still, I'd rather have a long term deal done for Donald but I digress....

• 1 / 1
7 posts Mar 29 2024