289 posts
  • 22 / 29
 by moklerman
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I'm at the point that I hate when someone wants blue & white. The Rams team colors have been some variation of blue and yellow for most of it's existence. If not for a 9 year experiment because of black & white TV, it would have been all of their years in LA and St. Louis. It rankles me that so many don't like their own colors.

I guess it's possible that the re-branding will be done right and we'll have something like the Broncos and Buccaneers got. But I'm not one who thinks the uniforms were an eyesore like the TB creamsicles were.

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The Rams colors are Royal Blue and Canary Yellow.

If the brass isn't putting in for a throwback rule exemption, they must be concerned the re-brand might pale in comparison to the Ferragamo's. At least not be widely accepted. It's debatable the Ferragamo's are the best uniform in all of football.

The old adage, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comes to mind.

1.JPG

2.JPG

2a.JPG

** DISCLAIMER ** Not so sure about the accuracy regarding Gehrke here.
3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

11a.JPG

The 64 blue is a great color. Similar to the practice uniforms at camp. I dig that color.

But as anyone can see, other than the 2 years the Rams wore red or the B&W TV era blue & whites, blue and some sort of yellow/gold has been the scheme.
So out of the 82 years the team has been around 70 have been blue & gold/yellow. 54 years blue and yellow. (I'm counting last year as blue & white)

I don't know where they are going but I hope they go blue and yellow. Looks like we'll just have to wait and see...

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2035  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

I've heard numerous times from different places that the new uniforms will use Blue, yellow, AND white. Nothing at all on numbering/lettering or symbol though.

by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I want blue and white and for the blue on the helmet to match the rest of the uniform. How freakin hard is that to accomplish in this day and age? sheesh.

yeah, that would be nice... only 12 teams have to worry about matching helmet color with their home (dark) jerseys, the rams among them, while the other 20 teams either have helmets that are a different color than their home jerseys, or black helmets which are pretty easy to match.... the seahawks, imo, did a damn impressive job matching their "college navy" helmets and jerseys, given it wasn't exactly a standard color... the eagles probably have the worst matched, while the bears can look pretty off too depending on the lighting... is it the offseason or what, ha ha...

the 12 teams shown above the line sport home jerseys that match their helmets in color:
01.png

by moklerman
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:The Rams colors are Royal Blue and Canary Yellow.

If the brass isn't putting in for a throwback rule exemption, they must be concerned the re-brand might pale in comparison to the Ferragamo's. At least not be widely accepted. It's debatable the Ferragamo's are the best uniform in all of football.

The old adage, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comes to mind.

The 64 blue is a great color. Similar to the practice uniforms at camp. I dig that color.

But as anyone can see, other than the 2 years the Rams wore red or the B&W TV era blue & whites, blue and some sort of yellow/gold has been the scheme.
So out of the 82 years the team has been around 70 have been blue & gold/yellow. 54 years blue and yellow. (I'm counting last year as blue & white)

I don't know where they are going but I hope they go blue and yellow. Looks like we'll just have to wait and see...
Seems like there were so many better options than what they chose.
-Just stick with the St. Louis colors/design. Few people seem to prefer them and it would have been an easy sell to re-brand when the new stadium is finally built.
-Go with throwbacks. Deacon's, Ferragamo's, Fordham's, Van Brocklin's...hell, just pick one of 'em and honor time spent in the Coliseum.
-Re-Brand the uniforms to coincide with the RETURN to L.A. Duh!
-I could have even dealt with a USC pairing at the Coliseum and going with the 1 year wonder '49 uniforms.

Aligning the re-brand with the uncertain opening date of the new stadium and not having anything else in the meantime just seems like the weakest of all the scenarios.

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago

moklerman wrote:Seems like there were so many better options than what they chose.
-Just stick with the St. Louis colors/design. Few people seem to prefer them and it would have been an easy sell to re-brand when the new stadium is finally built.

I've had that same thought. At least they matched.
I like the B&W helmets better but they should have actually put those different combinations on an actual person and stood back and looked.
Perhaps they're colorblind?
moklerman wrote:-Go with throwbacks. Deacon's, Ferragamo's, Fordham's, Van Brocklin's...hell, just pick one of 'em and honor time spent in the Coliseum.

Wear the Ferragamo's as the primary and VanBroklin's as thrrowback for a couple years, then go to the Garbiel's and then the Fordham's after that. Give notice and switch 'em up every couple years (if the rules allow). More fun for the fans.
moklerman wrote:-Re-Brand the uniforms to coincide with the RETURN to L.A. Duh!

That's what worries me a bit. They seem too pre-occupied with moving, building, selling their product and growing roots.
moklerman wrote:-I could have even dealt with a USC pairing at the Coliseum and going with the 1 year wonder '49 uniforms.

:shock2:
moklerman wrote:Aligning the re-brand with the uncertain opening date of the new stadium and not having anything else in the meantime just seems like the weakest of all the scenarios.

No kidding. And for those old school Rams fans who might still hold some bad juju over the 21 year absence, those StL colors serve as an unwanted reminder. Way no bueno.

Let's hope that none of our opponents pick their roadies for their home game. That means the blueberry top again: :roll2:

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:It's remotely possible they we're actually trying to please the fans.

Of course that was the reason. But their "solution" backfired. The current mismatched unis were a bad idea regardless of the motive.

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:The Rams are not a bottle of ketchup, you don’t need to “rebrand” them.

You “rebrand” by doing what they have been doing since hiring McVay, produce a winning team.

Yeah I think if you put a winning team out there in the old St.L gold and say we will change the unis when they play in the new stadium, people would have just understood.

My bet is that no real Rams fan in his right mind would go "yeah okay sure, they're winning, and everything...but that's overshadowed by the fact that they're still wearing gold :evil2: ."

My bet is the mismatch causes more controversy now than the gold would have it they had just kept it until moving to the new stadium.

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago

/zn/ wrote:Of course that was the reason. But their "solution" backfired. The current mismatched unis were a bad idea regardless of the motive.

Agreed, but my comment was intended to be 'tongue in cheek'.

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote: Of course that was the reason. But their "solution" backfired. The current mismatched unis were a bad idea regardless of the motive.

Hacksaw wrote:Agreed, but my comment was intended to be 'tongue in cheek'.

Uh, of course.

Mine too.

• 22 / 29
289 posts Mar 28 2024