• 1 / 8
 by St. Loser Fan
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Redskins Cheerleaders Describe Topless Photo Shoots and an Uneasy Night Out
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/spor ... s-nfl.html

It will be interesting how this effects the 20 something teams that do have cheerleaders. I could see some sort of league wide mandate.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by Rams the Legends live on
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:Redskins Cheerleaders Describe Topless Photo Shoots and an Uneasy Night Out
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/spor ... s-nfl.html

It will be interesting how this effects the 20 something teams that do have cheerleaders. I could see some sort of league wide mandate.

I have to admit I have some curiosity along the same lines as yours. In the current me to environment, I suspect at the least some sort of surface action will be taken. Whether that will be league wide not sure yet. However at the least the Redskins will have to do something.

Which I think could send other owners to some extent do a preemptive and look into their own organizations or have some sort of investigation.

I could see at first the various owners looking into their own homes. In the past allegations of a sexual nature, be it inappropriate, harassment, assault or however each was categorized. In the past there was some sense of control that the accused in a position of power was able to maintain.

In the current environment a lot of the control one could exert to affect a favorable outcome in the past. Just is not there like it was before. So this could have a possible snowball effect so at the least I expect that individual owners will look into their own homes. Which could possibly in the end up a league wide thing.

Maybe could even end up with a collective union league wide for cheerleaders. One that could see more monetary gain for cheerleaders for taking part in such outside game day events. Which I would suspect would have some sort of guidelines as to what is acceptable and unacceptable, well enough as to what they would be required to do.

Depending how big it may grow or if they are able to quell this early on. I wonder how many clubs may just think that ending a squad would be the better proposition. All is dependent on just how much life all this takes but I can honestly think that today many owners are contacting folks in their organization to have their own homes looked into.

by azramsfan93
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

If true, this is really sleazy. This is not the accepted behavior of a multi-billion dollar business.

Daniel Snyder needs to be held accountable - again, if true. I never trust press reports at face value.

5 years 11 months ago
Pro Bowl

azramsfan93 wrote:If true, this is really sleazy. This is not the accepted behavior of a multi-billion dollar business.

Daniel Snyder needs to be held accountable - again, if true. I never trust press reports at face value.

Have to agree with that. As I read it all I could think was bad behavior, mixed with the thoughts of what really is the truth and what not so true.

It is just at a point anymore that you really have to consider every angle when reading print. Seems at one time in my life I could put more validity in what was being reported. Now just not so sure, days of reporting simple facts has been so over shadowed by everyone looking for a way to use everything. Our reporting has become a simple case of everything is a crisis and lets use it to remold.

Somethings for sure do need to be changed just not sure anymore how much faith I can truly put into what I read because individual opinions by and far are placed into print. There is no longer a clear cut line between what is simple reporting and what is opinion that is agenda driven.

Which is the problem I find for reporting overall based on the general and not as much just this report. You just don't know what you can trust. It just gets exhausting when you have to approach everything you read with such a mentality.

by RedAlice
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

I don’t understand why cheer leaders don’t get paid.

Not to minimize the other allegations, but they are required to go on this shoot and aren’t even paid to do it.

Not like the owners lack money.

5 years 11 months ago
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:I don’t understand why cheer leaders don’t get paid.

Not to minimize the other allegations, but they are required to go on this shoot and aren’t even paid to do it.

Agree with that, if the organization is gonna see gain from their usage then they should be compensated.

by azramsfan93
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:I don’t understand why cheer leaders don’t get paid.

I am not an expert, but I am pretty sure they are paid. Just not very much.

by RedAlice
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:I am not an expert, but I am pretty sure they are paid. Just not very much.

Yeah, that’s better. :roll2:

• 1 / 8
78 posts Apr 20 2024