78 posts
  • 6 / 8
 by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i know there are forums where like-minded whack jobs can congregate, swap delusions, but i wonder how many of these guys actually have friends and family who buy into the nonsense as well, who actually believe what the whack job is selling? my guess is it's more a crazy uncle/neighbor type thing, a shake of the head type of thing... anyhoo, given a world already decided, outcomes already set in stone, there for the observant to see, it's odd how these guys can only bat .500 in pick'ems and can't beat vegas or wall street, eh?

Agreed.

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Wow.
So money talks and the rest walks. We've heard it all before. In many cases it's true, but imo it's not absolute.
There are charitable philanthropists and alike who balance things out.

A persons character is that particular persons character and just because they are rich doesn't mean they should be lumped into any 1 category as HJ is suggesting.
Nor should we assume the NFL is rigged as he has also suggested.
I suggest @haroldjackson29 offer some proof, not hindsight connection of which ever dots fit to support his belief.

Do the wealthy have more power? Yes. Can they persuade people to do things poor folks can't? Yes again. They offer prosperity and opportunity.
But to abuse that power is criminal in any walk of life. Just ask Weinstein, Cosby, Lauer, Price, Affleck, Wieseltier, Besh, Toback, Steele, Polanski, R. Kelly, Halperin, Spacey, Piven, Hoffman, Seagal, Louis C.K., Takei, Tambor, Franken, Moore, Hoover, Rose and others (who am I forgetting?) who have been accused of abusing their power in sexual ways.
So imo, it's not impossible that the allegations against Snyder and/or his employees/associates could be true.
It's possible the girls who later countered those allegations could be getting rewarded for backing the team against the 5 accusers.
But if it's true and the male perpetrators are guilty, throw the book at them. Hard.

But we do not know, HJ doesn't know and painting the entire world as being run by Illuminati types where every result is a foregone conclusion,, to me that can't true.
There is likely some of that going on but again, not close to absolute.

by HopHead Ram
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

So apparently we are back to this again.

by SWAdude
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I always thought it is ones behavior that considered them an asshole.

I have spent some vacation time with a couple billionaires and they were the most humble, loyal, and considerate people I may have spent time with. You would have thought with were thousandaires.

Trash comes from all groups, creeds and color. Not one more prevalent than others.

At least that has been my experience.

by phoenixrising
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

My personal observations of high-powered execs is a little different and leaned more toward debauchery on the road, but you're right it's wrong to lump all of them together. And I certainly believe many if not most of these cheerleaders are receptive to meeting a person of wealth. I've heard pro athletes say that's the reason they become cheerleaders.

But that brings me to another point that has been bothering me about the me-too movement...Why are the women not called out who use sex to advance? We here the names of all the male actors, directors, etc and they should be condemned. But what of the actresses that earned their big break while on their backs? Why are their names not called out? Certainly they are as much enablers as the males--maybe more so since if they did not exist the male predators would vanish. And the real victims are the would-be actresses that refused and lost out. I use the movie industry as an example because of the easy stereotypes, but we all know this goes on wherever big money is involved.

by haroldjackson29
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   842  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

dieterbrock wrote:Lol.
Your version of how “the real world works” is that nameless, faceless rich people control everything behind the scenes.
That’s not reality. That’s just the sad existence of a loser who blames his failure in life on whatever straw he can grasp.

I just explained how your reality was constructed for you. How would you know what reality is when you cant even prove it in the first place. you are telling me i'm wrong based on nothing but faith in a belief. Not any actual fact you can prove.. But because more people agree with you, you think you are right.

• 6 / 8
78 posts Mar 28 2024