125 posts
  • 4 / 13
 by snackdaddy
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Players vote only?

I believe so. Problem with that is, how many players basically vote on guys they played against? If they haven't played against a QB they don't vote for him because they don't have first hand experience? Or how many vote on flavor of the month? Not many have faced Jimmy GQ but yet they voted for him. He's become a media darling.

by moklerman
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I believe so. Problem with that is, how many players basically vote on guys they played against? If they haven't played against a QB they don't vote for him because they don't have first hand experience? Or how many vote on flavor of the month? Not many have faced Jimmy GQ but yet they voted for him. He's become a media darling.
I think it's a misleading poll too, as the NFLN advertises it as "voted on by the players". Which, IMO, implies that all the players voted. I have real doubts about all 1,696 current players participating in this fluff.

Okay, curiosity kicked in and I Googled for some answers. Mike Florio did an article on this very subject a few years back. At that time, about 28% of the players participated in the poll:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... g-process/

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

A lot of folks are going to need their units out of Carson Wentz's rear before Goff hits the big time.

I predict 57.

by RedAlice
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Do they unveil 50-60 tonight?

They did, yes.

Talib is 53.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000930293

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Seeing Rivers at 56 made me think Goff wouldn't make it. Seeing Keenum at 51 makes me think he will...

• 4 / 13
125 posts Mar 29 2024