15 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by dieterbrock
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I think the thing is with Goff is that there is still a level of disbelief that he could have improved as much as he did, that it is hard to comprehend how bad of a job Fisher did with him.
Could McVay be this great of a coach that he could turn around a player like this?
And how is it possible to coach a player to perform as badly as he looked in his rookie year if he was as good as he looked last year.
It really is mind boggling when you look at it.

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Extremes wrote:All year post the Texans game, I have heard random morons and media members push their agenda that Jared Goff doesn't read the defenses and that Sean McVay is doing his work for him. That is completely false. Both McVay and Goff laughed it off as people trying to find a way to discredit Goffs ability to play QB in the NFL. They can't get over Goff's rookie year statistics. Anyway hope this clears up what McVay is actually doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQ77PwX990
Sean Payton and Drew Brees.
@1:13 Sean Payton: "Watch how they disperse here" (after calling a coverage beater).
@1:25 Sean Payton: "They are having troubles with Sproles with [their] linemen" (him suggesting that should be his primary read).
@2:41 Sean Payton: "look who's covering Jimmy [Graham] (giving him tips on where to go with the ball).

Anyway, I'm not going to break down the whole video, but Sean McVay does roughly the same thing that Sean Payton does with Drew Brees.

Our offensive scheme is a mixture of what the Falcons(play-action heavy),Patriots (pick plays), and the Saints (coverage beaters) run.

The way our offense works is during the week leading up to Sunday, Sean McVay studies the opponents defensive tendencies and designs plays/routes that beat their favorite and go to coverages. When McVay calls a play, he then tells Goff what to look for and to confirm what he sees. From then on post 15 seconds. The ball is hiked and Goff goes into post-snap and has to decide what he sees is accurate (within those 3/5 step drops) and confirm what he saw pre-snap. Sometimes McVay doesn't tell him anything and lets the motion of a certain reciever tell him whether the defense is playing man or zone (something the Patriots do for Tom Brady to help him diagnose defenses pre-snap).
Watch Jeff Garcia's video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oguK2XT3KY

This isn't something new. The Patriots do the same for Tom Brady, Sean Payton does the same for Drew Brees. Bruce Arians did the same for Ben Roethlisberger. This helps QB's progress at faster rates, which is why week to week Jared Goff got significantly better and why I feel confident in saying that Jared Goff will throw for 40tds easily next year. He was a monster in the redzone at CAL, and that has yet to show up in the NFL, and it will this season, this is the beginning of something special. I'm so excited for this season.

This is a personal thing that has been bothering me for some time, Jared Goff comp coming out of Cal wasn't Matt fucking Ryan, it's Aaron Rodgers. Matt Ryan doesn't have anywhere near the arm talent of Jared Goff and because they are both slim they were compared to one another. And one more thing, Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen don't better college tape than Jared Goff.
Aaron Rodgers himself said that Goff is more of a natural thrower of the football than he was coming out of Cal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTgq0k1RaL8

Year 1: Learning the System
Year 2: Mastering the System.

My favorite part, no more of me getting pissed off at Sammy Watkins half ass route running or his attempts at catches. I can't believe people wanted that scrub back.. anyways Cooks is 10x the player Watkins is. There is a reason why Goff did not trust him. And like Tom Brady "If he doesn't trust you, he won't throw you the ball period."

What happened to the guy that posted this? Has your account been hacked? Are you off your meds?

by Elvis
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38456  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

RamsFanSince82 wrote:What happened to the guy that posted this? Has your account been hacked? Are you off your meds?

I guess they don't call him Extremes for nothing, it's one extreme or the other...

by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I guess they don't call him Extremes for nothing, it's one extreme or the other...

my guess is he was one very tough water cooler at work, can't brag about your qb on monday you get your ass kicked.

by PARAM
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:my guess is he was one very tough water cooler at work, can't brag about your qb on monday you get your ass kicked.

or lunchroom at school

• 2 / 2
15 posts Apr 19 2024