33 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by HopHead Ram
6 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

NRC was a FA, Slot corner was a hole that needed to be filled. I'm just glad it will be filled by the guy that did an excellent job in that role last season.

by CanuckRightWinger
6 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

IMHO, $5 Million per annum may be admittedly a tad steep for Nickell Robey-Coleman, but it's FA Crazy Season in NFL right now....and if you snooze, you lose. Remember the 2016 FACrazySeason, when we lost JJ and Rodney IGetNoRespect! McLeod in a sudden nano-second, and our 2016 defensive backfield was in more turmoil than the Egyptian Army in the Sinai in 1967! :oops:

I am glad that the Los Ramos braintrust showed boldness and pulled the trigger on the NRC signing. Robey-Coleman is like Lemarcus Joyner....ie. NRC punches way way above his weight-class. Clearly Wade wanted NRC back on his 2018 D, for the Ram HO to shell out nearly $16 million on the little guy, no?

I have no problem with this signing......and let KC choke on the Big Dinero they are throwing at Sammy NeverReallyAFitHere Watkins.

by AltiTude Ram
6 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Let me just throw this out there one more time as well.

NRC was a Rams free agent and doesn't affect the comp picks.

I thought he was a huge value last year at under 1 million. He proved he deserves a pay raise.

by ramsman34
6 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

sloramfan wrote:im good too, just getting nervous about perceived holes/vacancies...

maybe that front office and coaching staff know a little more than i do.. ;)

go rams

slo

slo...you're roll man, lol. DT is deep in the draft and those guys can make an impact right away. Edge rusher is the biggest concern - But Ebukam will be counted on for one of those starting spots me thinks. I think we have 2 guys, 3 if you count Barron, who can handle the ILB spots : Littleton and Hager. We will still draft Edge and ILB and OL in this draft. NRC is a top-rated slot defender and was one of our highest graded DBs last season. he was gonna get paid by someone, glad it was us. He exudes the Rams' attitude and that is a good thing. Our secondary is fucking filthy making our pass rush that much more deadly almost regardless of who we add.

by actionjack
6 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3895  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:slo...you're roll man, lol. DT is deep in the draft and those guys can make an impact right away. Edge rusher is the biggest concern - But Ebukam will be counted on for one of those starting spots me thinks. I think we have 2 guys, 3 if you count Barron, who can handle the ILB spots : Littleton and Hager. We will still draft Edge and ILB and OL in this draft. NRC is a top-rated slot defender and was one of our highest graded DBs last season. he was gonna get paid by someone, glad it was us. He exudes the Rams' attitude and that is a good thing. Our secondary is fucking filthy making our pass rush that much more deadly almost regardless of who we add.

We def need OLB at this point, Ebukam was solid in spot duty but much different when you are starting. Barwin is ready for the glue factory. Right now our pass rush looks pretty tame except for AD of course. I hope we sign someone in FA and draft someone early there. We also need that DT as well.

by phoenixrising
6 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Great news, and a reasonable price I think.

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

by Haden
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2131  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I think this is a fantastic signing. The kid played hard and was a difference maker, more so than Trumaine. Got him at a very reasonable rate. Rams are doing a superb job of avoiding the big $$$ FA signings and continuing to get value signings, just like Robert Woods last year.

I can't wait to see what they build at ILB now.

Folks, we suddenly have a very competent front office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Legends
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   162  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Solid signing. These are the kind of guys the Rams need. They cannot all be supers stars. Just looking at the preseason body of work I would say the McSneads make a team we can have confidence in.
I'm not near as concerned as some about wide receiver. I think we have some stars in waiting. Just let OUR coaches get ahold of them.

• 2 / 4
33 posts Mar 28 2024