81 posts
  • 1 / 9
 by snackdaddy
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams refrain from the initial overpay frenzy. Thats been their M.O. the past few years. They might wait for the dust to settle and get in on the second wave.

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

snackdaddy wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams refrain from the initial overpay frenzy. Thats been their M.O. the past few years. They might wait for the dust to settle and get in on the second wave.

I hear you but who knows what the Rams M.O. is anymore? I would think we've already made so many moves that we're not likely to see many more but again, this is uncharted territory with this group...

by snackdaddy
6 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

I know we fans get a little impatient. We want to see our team sign top free agents right now. But the prudent thing would be to show restraint. You don't want to overpay out of desperation. We're no longer a desperate team. We need defensive players on the edge and an ILB. Thats pretty much it. Take care of that then its just a matter of depth.

by HopHead Ram
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

Really looking forward to what additional Defensive pieces they are going to add. Hopefully NRC gets resigned as does Sully ( I think going into year 2 of the system, having that QB/Center continuity is going to be real important).
So refreshing to be able to start FA with a much shorter grocery list than in year's past.

by snackdaddy
6 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Rapoport is also reporting the Packers and Bears are interested in Watkins. I'd love to see him back but I'm starting to think it won't happen. But he isn't make or break. Woods has been great. You gotta expect another year for Kupp will see him doing some really good things. I still think they plan to get their TE's more involved. Everett can be a real playmaker.

by HopHead Ram
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:Rapoport is also reporting the Packers and Bears are interested in Watkins. I'd love to see him back but I'm starting to think it won't happen. But he isn't make or break. Woods has been great. You gotta expect another year for Kupp will see him doing some really good things. I still think they plan to get their TE's more involved. Everett can be a real playmaker.

I have to agree, I think we are going to see a different type of offense this year, one that goes more to McVay's roots of being TE heavy. He couldn't really do that last year based on the Injuries and youth of the position. From a production perspective, are we a better offense with Watkins on the field? I would say yes BUT are we a bad offense if he is not on the field? No we will still be a very good offense. If the price is right, sign him. If the price is too high, wish him well and move on.

• 1 / 9
81 posts Apr 15 2024