46 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by max
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I wanted to go to this but its pricey. My brother is a Sloan Alum and taught there, but he couldn't get me in for free.

Demoff starts talking about the 12 min mark.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/2/24 ... ams-demoff

by max
6 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Thanks for getting the video to work.

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

"While i was away today at this conference apparently our front office decided to go crazy and trade for a player."

Lot of good stuff from Demoff. He talks about the value of rookies vs. how hard it is to develop them under the CBA.

Well worth the watch...

by max
6 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This is really interesting stuff, thanks for posting it max...

My pleasure.

Demoff explains what the Rams are doing here.

Explains why they are trading draft picks now. How much faith they have in McVay to communicate and connect with everyone in the organization. And how much leverage McVay has now calling the shots.

Tells me McVay is ALL in on Peters.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

thanks for posting .... interesting to watch

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

max wrote:My pleasure.

Demoff explains what the Rams are doing here.

Explains why they are trading draft picks now. How much faith they have in McVay to communicate and connect with everyone in the organization. And how much leverage McVay has now calling the shots.

Tells me McVay is ALL in on Peters.

McVay is a delegator, my guess is Wade made the call on Peters with McVay's full support...

by max
6 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:McVay is a delegator, my guess is Wade made the call on Peters with McVay's full support...

My guess is that McVay doesn't rely on Wade to make a call on a player unless McVay is comfortable with the player. In the case of Peters, with his "issues", I just don't see McVay letting Wade make the final call.

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8463  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Don't think it was the "final" call. but, I am sure Wade, McVay, and Snead have all had myriad discussions about current players they covet and what it would take to get them. As long as the Rams are going after younger vet talent, they can continue to "build" this team in both the short and long term. I think it is very savvy use of draft picks but, there does need to be some balance as far as rookies vs vets related to cap impact. I also think Quinn is still very much in play in the Peters deal.

• 1 / 5
46 posts Mar 29 2024