129 posts
  • 1 / 13
 by PhxRam
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   376  
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

Ex-NFL player Jonathan Martin -- who was at the center of the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal -- has been detained by police ... after he allegedly posted a disturbing photo of a gun, ammo and the names of ex-NFL teammates.

The post first appeared on Martin's Instagram account -- showing an image of a shotgun surrounded by ammunition with the caption, "When you're a bully victim & a coward your options are suicide, or revenge."

He also listed social media handles for ex-Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey.

Martin also posted the name of his former high school -- Harvard Westlake -- one of the most exclusive private schools in the country.

Harvard Westlake closed the school in the wake of the threats -- telling students to stay off-campus in an abundance of caution.

Law enforcement tells TMZ Sports ... "The individual we believe to be responsible for the social media post has been detained and the investigation is ongoing."

Martin famously accused Incognito and Pouncey of physically and emotionally abusing him during his stint on the Miami Dolphins in 2013.

The players claimed they were just harmlessly hazing Martin.

The NFL conducted an investigation and ruled that Martin was harassed.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/23/nfls-jona ... incognito/

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Sad story ... I'm glad the Police took him into custody before he hurt anyone.

I suspect this will be tomorrows National headlines in the wake of the school shooter that murdered 17 students.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
Superstar

Exciting news about Tillman ... if you are over 37 the FBI won't accept you ... he almost missed his calling.

The guy caused a bunch of turnovers in the NFL ... I wonder what the equivalent of turnover is when it comes to FBI speak

by /zn/
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:Sad story ... I'm glad the Police took him into custody before he hurt anyone.

I suspect this will be tomorrows National headlines in the wake of the school shooter that murdered 17 students.

If you look at what he actually said it wasn't a threat. Basically he was misunderstood.

This was his actual message:

The post included the words, “When you’re a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge.” It had the hashtags #MiamiDolphins and #HarvardWestlake. Harvard-Westlake High School in California is the school Martin attended, and the school announced today that it was closing for the day

That is not a threat.

It's a sort of analysis.

Let bullying continue, says the message, and if you're a victim of bullying AND A COWARD, you end up driven to suicide or revenge.

That's a statement which criticizes bullying AND criticizes the victims of bullying who turn to shootings for revenge.

I just think he didn't realize that in the wake of Florida, posting an image of a gun with that message would lead him to being misunderstood

by sloramfan
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

whatever zack neruda..zn...

that message is clearly a threat..

he lists the perpetrators, then in red spouts"when you're a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge...

the criticism of bullying?... sounds to me like a list of options for dealing with bullying..

ok ... let him walk... he was just criticizing bullying...

please, back to football...

go rams

slo

by dieterbrock
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Tillman deserves his own thread, what he’s doing is admirable.

Martin is a disgrace.
He still blames others for his failure.
I actually agree with ZN here, I don’t think it was a threat but an ill conceived plan to blame the deaths of mass shootings on “bullies”.
I think he’sactully saying that “victims of bullying” that are “cowards” either kill others or them self, but he is positioning himself that he is no coward... delusional prick imo is saying he’s no coward he’s “doing something about it” but continuing to whine about the Miami jackasses
What a loser

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
Superstar

sloramfan wrote:that message is clearly a threat..
I agree with you 100% And so will Police officers, and so will health professionals

Martin has demons ... the demons aren't the players he mentions, but the players have become the voices for the demons in his head.

I hope he gets help.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:... he is positioning himself that he is no coward...
your context has merit ... nevertheless his position won't be taken as intended, people take that type of logic as a threat.

Others will say that they can't tell for sure what he intended to say, so they put him in a safe place until he can be evaluated by health professionals.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:That is not a threat.

It's a sort of analysis.

the actual analysis part, if it can somehow be extracted from the emotional situation at hand, would be a good topic for society to discuss

• 1 / 13
129 posts Mar 28 2024