32 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Why does this seem to good to be true? If it happens, what do you think of Les Snead now?

Last year's draft, especially with Kupp performing like a late 1st round pick, has helped me change my mind about Snead. Prior to that, I think that Fisher undermined him. Of course Fisher thought he was doing what he thought was for the best of the team. (thankfully Fisher is now gone).

Nevertheless, getting Peters is a risk, hopefully a risk that matures and turns out well. I'm confident in McVay and Phillips and the culture they created. If they can't turn Peter's off the field antics around, then nobody can. I'm excited for the team.

The KC fans will never know what really happened with the coaching staff, and in the locker room. Peters needs a fresh start, the Chiefs are doing him a favor. I'm hoping for the best for the Rams and I'm hoping that whoever the Chiefs get with the picks will totally suck.

' gotta love Snead's gutsy move.

This time last year, I was thinking and saying that the Rams will never get out of the gutter until Snead is gone. I couldn't have been more wrong.

by Rams the Legends live on
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

BobCarl wrote:Last year's draft, especially with Kupp performing like a late 1st round pick, has helped me change my mind about Snead. Prior to that, I think that Fisher undermined him. Of course Fisher thought he was doing what he thought was for the best of the team. (thankfully Fisher is now gone).

Nevertheless, getting Peters is a risk, hopefully a risk that matures and turns out well. I'm confident in McVay and Phillips and the culture they created. If they can't turn Peter's off the field antics around, then nobody can. I'm excited for the team.

The KC fans will never know what really happened with the coaching staff, and in the locker room. Peters needs a fresh start, the Chiefs are doing him a favor. I'm hoping for the best for the Rams and I'm hoping that whoever the Chiefs get with the picks will totally suck.

' gotta love Snead's gutsy move.

This time last year, I was thinking and saying that the Rams will never get out of the gutter until Snead is gone. I couldn't have been more wrong.

I have to agree it does appear that the powers that be did rightfully conclude that to unchain Snead from Fish was gonna be better for the team and organization long haul.

by sloramfan
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i agree alice...

marcus peters is a lit stick of dynomite...handle with care...

he's also a bona fide all pro...

so how do we deal with him?

with a coach that took a diva WR and turned him from a "ball not coming to me so whatever" player into one that took his WR responsibilities serious, despite not being the go to option.. and still wants to play for us..

and another coach that has dealt with many "diva" players during his 40+ years in the league...

so im just repeating what you posted, because i believe that our braintrust knows the challenge, and i believe they know they are up to it...

the proof is in the pudding..

go rams

slo

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

at this time last season, we had a CB that was holding the team hostage for a price of $17 mill ... this year we get his replacement for a cap cost of $2 mill ... a cap savings of $15 mill.

Snead earned his pay ... this might turn out to be the best move in sports since the "Brock for Broglio" deal.

by Hacksaw_64
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

raped...over a barrel... without lube.

Jesus...

Boy we got ****ed up the ass.

We have riot gear available, if needed.
— Kansas City Police (@kcpolice) February 26, 2018

by /zn/
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:Last year's draft, especially with Kupp performing like a late 1st round pick, has helped me change my mind about Snead. Prior to that, I think that Fisher undermined him. Of course Fisher thought he was doing what he thought was for the best of the team. (thankfully Fisher is now gone).

I have a different view.

Rams drafts have been good overall all along with Snead aboard.

In terms of the process, the McVay/Snead collaboration works exactly like the Fisher/Snead collaboration.

McVay inherited a very strong roster and really only needed to fix WR and LOT. (There were other tinkerings but that's the main thing.)

If the Rams personnel dept. had been "undermined" then the roster would not be as good as it is now. That includes little things like sending FOUR special teamers to the pro bowl and then having a 5th special teamer (Littleton) who stood out with big plays. That's on the same team with a 2nd year pro bowl qb and both the offensive and defensive players of the year. Among other things.

None of which takes anything away from McVay as a coach, nor should it.

by RedAlice
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Some other fan comments:

Chiefs got Rammed

So who thinks the return is “fair” and they are happy?
Rams fans

The Rams have fans?
On those days when there’s nothing else to do in L.A., yes they do.

by RedAlice
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

I do not think there is a chattier board than this KC one.

In their new thread, they have lengthy posts re this trade that cover the spectrum of politics, religion, morality, the NFL, LA being favored by the NFL, and much more.

A player was traded. And it is quite fascinating to me to see the depth of their responses - have not seen this much ideology on such before. This is seriously getting to them.

After locking a 267 page 4 day thread, they made a new one today w the terms that is already at 44 pages.

Must not be much to do in KC :D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthre ... 28&page=44

• 2 / 4
32 posts Mar 29 2024