United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

This time i see your post, all other were blank

by safer
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

AND.....this trade shows we are working to retain The Mighty Quinn. KC wanted to trade for him but we didn't do it. I hope we've already worked out a bit of a salary cut for him though ;)

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

call me Roman wrote:This time i see your post, all other were blank

Many of my posts are from Twitter: I post the link to the tweet here and the board software shows the tweet i've linked to. That's what you're not seeing. My guess is they're being blocked on your end but hard to say without more information...

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
Administrator

safer wrote:AND.....this trade shows we are working to retain The Mighty Quinn. KC wanted to trade for him but we didn't do it. I hope we've already worked out a bit of a salary cut for him though ;)

This is probably true but with the news coming so fast and furious, hard to say anything for sure...

by dieterbrock
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:AND.....this trade shows we are working to retain The Mighty Quinn. KC wanted to trade for him but we didn't do it. I hope we've already worked out a bit of a salary cut for him though ;)

I don't see how that is the case. All we have seen is that KC allegedly wanted him included and the Rams declined. Who's to say they didn't want a 1st rounder and Quinn?
I think the fact that Quinn's name is even being mentioned may be an indication that his name is being discussed

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
Administrator

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 59810614-4

CB Marcus Peters will cost $1.74M towards the salary cap in 2018, and the Rams will presumably pick up his fifth-year option before the May 3 deadline. They entered the offseason with a projected $40 million in cap space and added an impact player to their greatest position of need at minimal cost. It changes everything about their offseason. More money for S Lamarcus Joyner, DT Aaron Donald, WR Sammy Watkins, etc., and flexibility with how they attack the draft and free agency.

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

by dieterbrock
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0758797935159810614-4

CB Marcus Peters will cost $1.74M towards the salary cap in 2018, and the Rams will presumably pick up his fifth-year option before the May 3 deadline. They entered the offseason with a projected $40 million in cap space and added an impact player to their greatest position of need at minimal cost. It changes everything about their offseason. More money for S Lamarcus Joyner, DT Aaron Donald, WR Sammy Watkins, etc., and flexibility with how they attack the draft and free agency.

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

So true
This is just awesome.
Will miss the 1st round pick during the draft but cant imagine getting a player this good at that pick
And the cap room they save though....

by azramsfan93
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1491  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

ramsman34 wrote:WOW! Well that is one problem solved and an upgrade at the position - but it creates other problems now as well. Limited draft picks to get younger, cap-friendly talent into the pipeline.

The draft (as we all know) is a crap shoot. We just got a young (25) Pro Bowl CB. Excellent move by the Rams!!

Now we can look to free agency for an OLB/Edge rusher, run stuffing ILB, and given how well our draft picks did this past year maybe we can find a starter/contributor in the 3rd round and beyond.

Win now baby!

• 5 / 22
212 posts Mar 29 2024