212 posts
  • 8 / 22
 by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

No doubt Wade Phillips is heavily in the loop and onboard with getting Peters and with his history of doing well with all kinds of personalities, i think we'll be just fine.

The catch though, is Peters is gonna wanna get paid like a top corner real soon. I doubt he's too excited about what a good deal he is...

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote: I doubt he's too excited about what a good deal he is...

at the same time, hopefully he realizes how close he is to blowing it all if he pulls another stint that got him suspended in KC

locker room chemistry and professionalism is more important than it ever was

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:No doubt Wade Phillips is heavily in the loop and onboard with getting Peters and with his history of doing well with all kinds of personalities, i think we'll gonna be just fine.

The catch though, is Peters is gonna wanna get paid like a top corner real soon. I doubt he's too excited about what a good deal he is...

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s tagged 2 years in a row like how Tru was.

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:at the same time, hopefully he realizes how close he is to blowing it all if he pulls another stint that got him suspended in KC

locker room chemistry and professionalism is more important than it ever was

It’s a calculated gamble when bringing a guy like him in but the upside is too good to pass up.

by 69superbowl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   477  
Malaysia   San Jose
Starter

1. I am cautiously jumping out of my skeleton about this trade.
B. M. Peters can catch a football, unlike T. Johnson. Bet he doesn't let his mind wander in the middle of pass plays either.
C. I believe in the power of Wade to connect with his players.

by pmill66
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   152  
Rookie

What a move by the Rams. Picking up a better CB than Tru, for a fraction of the cost over the next 2 seasons. Opens up a lot of possibilities going forward. Offseason is off to a tremendous beginning.
Have not read about any off the field issues for Peters. Wade has made a career of putting players in the best position to excel. That may be exactly what Peters wants and needs in this point in his career.

by Elmgrovegnome
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   624  
Veteran

HAL 9000 wrote:According to A1, with his PFF score, we should try and sign EJ Gaines. Isn't he available?

Gaines a better zone coverage corner. Man press isn't his game. Phillips uses man press

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

HAL 9000 wrote:According to A1, with his PFF score, we should try and sign EJ Gaines. Isn't he available?

I was thinking the same and mentioned it in another thread. But, maybe Gaines is more of an off and or zone corner and doesn't fit Wade's scheme - hence being expendable?

EDIT: sorry Elm, I hadn't seen your post yet - but ya, that is what I was thinking as well, obviously LOL

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

My guess (if not for this years first): A 3rd and 5th this year, 2nd next year.
Also, R. Quinn could still be in the mix. If so, R. Quinn + a 4th or 5th this year, or R. Quinn + a 2nd or 3rd next year.

• 8 / 22
212 posts Apr 17 2024