28 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by BobCarl
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4280  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:I hope Washington tags Cousins again. Would serve him right. Non exclusive tag
I would love to see that happen, just to see how that anomaly turns out.

by Elmgrovegnome
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   624  
Veteran

The Chiefs thinking about moving Peters? That is surprising because he is very good. I recall he had character flags before the draft. Has that become a problem for the Chiefs? If that is it then pass. If that isn't it then I hope the Rams are interested.

by Elmgrovegnome
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   624  
Veteran

It's easy to become attached to players on your favorite team. I keep wondering if that is part of the fan push to sign Lamarcus Joyner. Is he really that much better than a guy like Eric Reid? I just don't see putting too much cap space into a strong safety. With the Rams troubles against the run I think I prefer Reid, especially if he is cheaper.

Franchising Sammy is not a great idea either. I get that it gives them another year to see what he can do but the cost will be high and if he has a very good year in 2018, then signing him in 2020, will be even more costly. Snead gave up a Second round pick for him. That investment alone makes it likely that they try to keep him. Sign him now, cut him later if need be.

So, save money on Joyner and invest it in Watkins. Wade Phillips had a pretty good thing with TJ Ward. Maybe that is another option to save money.

I love Joyner btw. His," I'd do this shit for free" talk with Fisher is pretty endearing. Maybe he really will value comfort of surroundings and original team to breaking the bank.

by dieterbrock
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:I would love to see that happen, just to see how that anomaly turns out.

Exactly!
I don't have any love for the Skins, so if it works out tragically bad for them, its no skin off my back
No pun intended....

by BobCarl
6 years 3 weeks ago
Superstar

CAR: sources report team unlikely to place franchise tag on OG-A.Norwell.
CAR: reports Julius Peppers is "leaning toward" returning for a 17th NFL season.

DET: Lions are not expected to release Eric Ebron.

LV/OAK: Gruden read: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/19/jon-g ... ium=social

MIA: team could show interest in HB-CJ Anderson if released.

NCAA: reports that former Miami DL coach Craig Kuligowski will join Alabama's staff.
NCAA: reports that former Miami DL coach Craig Kuligowski will join Alabama's staff.
NCAA: Georgia DC Mel Tucker has been awarded a $900,000 raise.
NCAA: Kansas State DC Tom Hayes has retired.

NYG: sources are reporting that team is likely to pass on QB @ 2nd overall.

NYJ: reports the Jets could offer Kirk Cousins $60 million in the first year of his contract.
NYJ: Jets declined OT Ben Ijalana's $500,000 option bonus on Monday, allowing Ijalana to hit free agency.

PHI: will interview RBs coach Duce Staley and WRs coach Mike Groh for their vacant offensive coordinator job.
PHI: Impending free agent LeGarrette Blount said he "hopes" to re-sign with the Eagles.

SF: hosting DB-V.Davis today.

TB: hired ex-Cardinals DL coach Brentson Buckner to the same position.
TB: DE-R.Ayers could be a cap casualty.

ATL: WR-T.Gabriel set to hit FA.

CHI: Bears have declined LG Josh Sitton's $8 million team option for 2018, making him a free agent.

GB: S-M.Burnett set to hit FA.

IND: impending FA, K-A.Vinatieri plans to play in '18.

JAX: Jaguars declined their 2018 option on WR Arrelious Benn, making him a free agent.
JAX: Jaguars declined their 2018 option on TE Mychal Rivera, making him a free agent.
JAX: picked up TE Marcedes Lewis, OT Josh Wells and OG Tyler Shatley 2018 option.

NFL: teams can start to apply tags today.

NO: re-signed LS Zach Wood to a one-year, $555,000 contract.

NYG: team shopping DB-E.Apple. Price may only be a mid rd pick.
NYG: likely to release WR-B.Marshall & DB-DRC.

PHI: promoted RBs coach Duce Staley to assistant head coach.
PHI: promoted WR coach Mike Groh to OC.
PHI: reports the Eagles will not tender restricted free agent DB Jaylen Watkins.

PIT: reports the Steelers are fully expected to use the franchise tag on Le'Veon Bell ahead of the March 6 deadline.

TB: released DT Chris Baker. MOve saves $4.875m in cap.

TEN: signed K Ryan Succop to a 5yr $20m w/ $7.25 gtd & $8.25m over 1st 2 yrs.

by BobCarl
6 years 3 weeks ago
Superstar

Most of the players below I am not familiar with, but maybe there are some gems that the Rams could get. the news about Denver shopping their QB is amusing.

BAL: TE-C.Gillmore moving to OT.

CAR: hired interim GM Marty Hurney as general manager.
CAR: HB-J.Stewart could be a cap casualty.Move would save team a little over $3.7m in cap.

CHI: WR-M.Wheaton to be released.
CHI: LB-P.McPhee will likely need to take a pay cut.

CIN: likely to upgrade over TE-T.Kroft.

DEN: shopping QB-T.Siemian.

IND: unlikely to re-sign HB-F.Gore.
IND: closing in on a deal to re-sign K-A.Vinatieri.

LV/OAK: hosting DB-V.Davis today.

MIA: C-M.Pouncey expected back but reports he could be a cap casualty.
MIA: placed the franchise tag on WR-J.Landry.Rumor is he's available via trade.

MIN: DT Sharrif Floyd is awaiting resolution of a grievance he filed against the Vikings in September.

NFL: Free agent K Nick Folk (knee) has been medically cleared for football activities.

NYG: re-signed G-J.Greco.

PHI: reports "the goal" is for Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) to be ready for Week 1 of the regular season, though he "could" be ready during the preseason.

TB: CB Jude Adjei-Barimah (knee) has been medically cleared for football activities.

• 3 / 3
28 posts Mar 18 2024