34 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by snackdaddy
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9622  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I think it’s a bit ironic that you hope that guys like tru would take a home town discount but the reality is that the home team ultimately has to pay more than market to keep the player.
Just the way I see it, but often it appears that the home team makes an offer, the player is insulted by it and ultimately signs for less elsewhere

Yeah, I also find it ironic that they're expected to reward Donald for what he's done because he played at a bargain price for his production. And its pretty obvious that Tru was overpaid for his production the past two seasons but they don't get rewarded for that when negotiating a deal.

by Elvis
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38313  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

snackdaddy wrote:Yeah, I also find it ironic that they're expected to reward Donald for what he's done because he played at a bargain price for his production. And its pretty obvious that Tru was overpaid for his production the past two seasons but they don't get rewarded for that when negotiating a deal.

That's more perception than reality.

Donald is going to get paid what he's worth regardless of his previous contract.

The same is true for Tru...

by /zn/
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6751  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:How much are they offering?

I just assumed they tagged him because he wanted more and wouldn't sign for what they were offering. I don't know any numbers.

• 4 / 4
34 posts Mar 18 2024