34 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by BobCarl
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4280  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:The take on Akeb Talib I hear is that he's a head case and probably not worth it.
He's very talented ... but is his "head case" in the locker room and on the field worth it?

I'm also saying "probably not"... especially when the Rams play the Raiders. If the Rams sign him, ... may as well as count him as kicked out of the game against the Raiders and suspended for the next two.

by snackdaddy
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9622  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I've been thinking for a while now that Tru Johnson won't be returning in 2018. They're not willing to overpay for his services. Chances are someone will. Its the nature of free agency. Especially in the first signing frenzy at the start.

by Hacksaw
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

snackdaddy wrote:I've been thinking for a while now that Tru Johnson won't be returning in 2018. They're not willing to overpay for his services. Chances are someone will. Its the nature of free agency. Especially in the first signing frenzy at the start.

again.. Tru want's to boo-hoo that he wont be with us but as usual, money talks and BS walks.

by 69superbowl
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   477  
Malaysia   San Jose
Starter

I hope the Rams don't over think the Tru contract. If he wants to be in LA to be a part of a franchise on the rise, in a great new stadium, dynamic head coach, a core of strong defensive players, with more media exposure than he'd get anywhere else, he will accept a reasonable offer and stay with the comfort of playing for a winning team again. If he simply wants more money, buh-bye, have fun elsewhere, bring a warm coat. I still think the guy is playing out of position and his mental game does not impress me at all. Keep him, let him go, IDGAS. He can be replaced.

by /zn/
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6751  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

69superbowl wrote:I hope the Rams don't over think the Tru contract. If he wants to be in LA to be a part of a franchise on the rise, in a great new stadium, dynamic head coach, a core of strong defensive players, with more media exposure than he'd get anywhere else, he will accept a reasonable offer

That's precisely what has already not happened.

He wants more than the Rams are offering.

I cut off the "play for a winning team" thing because it didn't apply to what I was saying so I address it separately. Winning teams will vie for his services in free agency...so that won't be a major deal maker or breaker.

by snackdaddy
6 years 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

At the end of the day its all about the money. I think he'll go to a team hurting in that area and willing to overpay. Its the nature of the business. If you have an area of need you have to overpay to address it. The Giants needed a CB badly and paid Jenkins a lot to address that need. Worked out good in year one but fell short in year two.

Someone will do the same with TruJo. Typically the Rams don't get involved with the signing frenzy in the first few days of free agency. That is when a lot of desperate teams tend to overpay. They'll probably let the first frenzy die down and see what's left. There could be some good short term options while a couple youngsters learn the ropes.

by 69superbowl
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   477  
Malaysia   San Jose
Starter

ZN, Tru for all his California-ness, doesn't strike me as the type to linger too long out of loyalty or the hope of getting to a Bowl. I don't follow the financial part of player contracts and negotiations close enough to know the gap between "reasonable" and "fuckyouIwantallthecapmoneyandwillevenplayinCleveland" money. I don't think Tru is really a top 10 corner at all. I wouldn't overpay. He could have a nice career, move to Free Safety and become a SoCal legend. Or not. This team is on the rise. No time for big mistakes.

by snackdaddy
6 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Personally, I think its a foregone conclusion that he's not returning. He likely wants more than he's worth and he knows he'll get it somewhere.

by dieterbrock
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Personally, I think its a foregone conclusion that he's not returning. He likely wants more than he's worth and he knows he'll get it somewhere.

I think it’s a bit ironic that you hope that guys like tru would take a home town discount but the reality is that the home team ultimately has to pay more than market to keep the player.
Just the way I see it, but often it appears that the home team makes an offer, the player is insulted by it and ultimately signs for less elsewhere

• 3 / 4
34 posts Mar 19 2024