28 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by moklerman
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Saw this topic on another board and thought it a good conversation. With 7 new HC's being hired and the seemingly large number of FA QB's and highly touted draft picks to go along with all the new OC's out there, it's going to likely be a busy offseason with many QB's in new places. Which teams do you think will make a change? What change will they make?

by moklerman
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

It seems like I'm forgetting a name or two and I'm woefully uninformed about the draft but here's my first stab at it:

Cleveland - they're so unpredictable it's hard to say. IMO, they've got some talent to work with on offense and would be wise to go after a solid vet QB. But, they'll likely draft a QB so I'll say Sam Darnold. Hue seems enamored with Kizer so he'll keep him on as a bridge/insurance. Which makes no sense, but for Cleveland...

Denver - With Musgrave taking over as OC, not sure what he thinks of their current stable. I imagine he will be forced to upgrade and the Broncos have been talked about as a Cousins landing spot. I think the price tag is too high though and Elway decides not to break the bank again. It's one thing to do it for Peyton, but Cousins? Elway still wants a name so he reunites Musgrave with Foles from their time in Philly together and Denver gets a SBMVP QB.

New York Giants - Shurmur has already said that he's looking forward to working with Eli but I think Coughlin in Jacksonville wants to win now. He makes the Giants an offer, which I don't think will have to be substantial and Shurmur and new OC Shula start fresh and draft a QB. Rosen? They bring in one of Shurmur's QB's from Minny to bridge to the future. I say Keenum.

New York Jets - Cousins, IMO, is all about the money. He wants as much as possible even though he's said that he'll take less to win sooner. The way he's done things with the Redskins though...I say he ultimately just takes the biggest contract and I think the Jets are the most willing(desperate) to pony up.

Arizona - Don't think the Cardinals are able to really compete with the big contracts out there but they do have a starting job to offer. Denver QB's will be available for cheap but I think they go with a prove it deal to Sam Bradford and draft a QB hopefully for the future.

Miami - I think they go back to Tannehill and Cutler hangs 'em up for good this time.

Buffalo - with Eli in Jacksonville, the Bills will scoop up Bortles. I have no idea what they're planning with Brian Daboll as OC but I have to assume it's going to revolve heavily around the running game. Hate to be negative but it seems like a really terrible hire to me. But, Bortles is a guy who can run and has done his best when just handing it off and not throwing it too much. Why not just keep Tyrod? He's ready to move on and get a shot in a real offense somewhere.

Minnesota - I think Keenum was a feel good story but the Vikings and HC Zimmer are in love with Teddy Two Gloves. Out of the three FA QB's, they stick with the most familiar face. As insurance they bring in Tyrod Taylor.

Jacksonville - As already mentioned, I think Coughlin wants a more...yes, I'll say it, consistent QB and brings in Eli. Which just illustrates how all over the place Bortles was. But, whatever else there is about Eli, he shows up in the big games and that's when Jacksonville will benefit. Their running game and defense will get them to the playoffs, they just need a pro QB to get them over the hump once they're there.

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Seems like most of the buzz on Cousins is Denver or Minnesota but who knows, gonna be fun to watch it all shake out.

It's weird that the Rams aren't part of the commotion, takes some getting used to...

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I just want teams to freak out and over draft QB s in the first round, pushing better players down the board to us :). the F/As at QB are meh to me. And I don't think Eli is going anywhere, nor Bortles.

by RedAlice
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I just want teams to freak out and over draft QB s in the first round, pushing better players down the board to us :). the F/As at QB are meh to me. And I don't think Eli is going anywhere, nor Bortles.

Agree. I think Eli stays w the Giants. For better or worse.

by dieterbrock
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

So Vikings are out on Keenum, might be in on Cousins and Bortles re-signs in Jax....
Been a whacky 48 hours, surely just the beginning!

by dieterbrock
6 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Case gonna get paid...

I have such a hard time believing that Elway likes Keenum. Surely Case looks solid in a dome, but in the outdoors, in cold weather he looks like hes throwing a nerf ball in windstorm....

• 1 / 3
28 posts Mar 28 2024