Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Great,, he's goin' hard. :?

C'mon Todd, no Gurdling with ski's on. Leave that for Shaun White... 8-)

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

snackdaddy wrote:Hopefully they set the skis to pop off when he takes a tumble. I rented skis once and they did that because it keeps me from breaking a leg. Of course, I never found that ski after it popped off the 31'st time. That bunny slope was tough. :shock:

All skis pop off when the binding settings are correct. You can get injured skiing but usually that happens when you take on more than you can handle. I doubt TG3 is that dumb/foolish. If he is just cruising he should be fine. Skied my entire life and never had any real issues - and I ski at a fairly high level over some gnarly terrain - bumps and air baby!!

Ya can't put these guys in bubble wrap - they are people that want to live life to the fullest, just like the rest of us.

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

The skis are shorties, which are easier. Most of us grew up with skis that were taller than us. You hold you arm straight up and the ski tip should hit your arm a few inches from your wrist. Longer skis are faster and require more skill. TG will be fine. I doubt he is doing black diamond or going off trail through the trees.

Bono ran into a tree, I think. One of the Kennedys died by skiing into a tree while throwing a football. You can't be stupid, but skiing is safe.

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Ya can't put these guys in bubble wrap - they are people that want to live life to the fullest, just like the rest of us.

Concur.

Contracts are written to exclude certain activities. Dan Pastorini liked to drag race, but his contract forbid it so he had to wait until he retired. CJ Wilson (former Angels pitcher) runs and drives a race team now. He was not allowed to race in his playing days. Obviously, the RAMS don't feel the need to end his pursuit of the snow bunnies. Good for him.

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:Bono ran into a tree, I think. One of the Kennedys died by skiing into a tree while throwing a football. You can't be stupid, but skiing is safe.

That was Sunny Bono that you're talking about. Just "Bono" of the band U2 is alive.

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
Superstar

St. Loser Fan wrote:That was Sunny Bono that you're talking about. Just "Bono" of the band U2 is alive.

BobCarl earlier in the thread had brought up Sonny Bono, and that is what I was referring to in my post.

Agreed, Bono eating it on the slopes would be a scoop.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4282  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Good advice for anyone really:
As a kid, George of the Jungle was one of my favorite cartoons.

• 2 / 4
34 posts Mar 28 2024