24 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by moklerman
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Grammatically as the written word? Absolutely.

As words spoken by a head coach to a rabid fanbase? None at all.
Well, words ultimately mean very little but it wasn't the only thing he could have said or realistically been expected to say.

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

PARAM wrote:I love the fake walk through angle. Genius. Dilly-dilly!!!

As far as "the norm", what's he supposed to say?

Perhaps something like, "Next year we're going to try to win it all again"..

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4282  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:
I wonder how many of them enjoy cashing their game check?
Amendola ... I wish the Rams had ponied up and kept him on the roster.

by moklerman
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:I wonder how many of them enjoy cashing their game check?
Amendola ... I wish the Rams had ponied up and kept him on the roster.
I liked Amendola and he was a rare bright spot on some lousy teams but if he'd stayed with the Rams, he wouldn't have enjoyed the same type of success. Individually or otherwise. As a 3rd receiver/part time player I think he can produce but not as the 100+ target guy that he was with the Rams. Wonder if he would have considered staying as a third option?

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago

moklerman wrote:I liked Amendola and he was a rare bright spot on some lousy teams but if he'd stayed with the Rams, he wouldn't have enjoyed the same type of success. Individually or otherwise. As a 3rd receiver/part time player I think he can produce but not as the 100+ target guy that he was with the Rams. Wonder if he would have considered staying as a third option?

Yeah, he would have probably gone the way Foles almost did..

The previous decade (or so) of the Rams was where the fun of the game dissapeared for many players as they went off to die,,, ,, or run like hell..

by PARAM
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12181  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Perhaps something like, "Next year we're going to try to win it all again"..

Yeah, *yawn*.....that's the standard canned line.

He wasn't talking to Ram fans or Patriot fans or general NFL fans. He was talking to E-A-G-L-E-S Eagle!!! fans. And kudos to him because he obviously doesn't care what those other fans think. Nor should he. It's not like they come to see the Eagles play in Philly. He's obviously not concerned with "jinxing" his team either. Like some fans who believe what they do or what they say or how they act on game day has anything to do with the outcome of their team's game.

It's refreshing. Everybody knows 'next year (they're) going to try to do it again', just like next year every one of the 32 teams, their coaches and players are going to do the same thing. At least he was firing up a fanbase that had already begun to come down, realizing they still had to go to work the next day (or lost their job for calling out to attend the parade.....I know of a couple) and that life goes on no matter how exciting or dreary it might be.

Much ado about NOTHING.

We're going to try and win it all again next year.
We hope to be in the same position next year.
We're loaded to be in the same position next year.
We will be in the same position next year.
This (winning, celebrating, being Champions...take your pick) is the new norm.

It's different, yet it's not that much.

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago

PARAM wrote:Yeah, *yawn*.....that's the standard canned line.

And the politically correct one. We'll see if that truly does become their new norm or if he get's a brow raiser for making false assumptions.

I was really only offering an alternative comment to answer your question. I don't care either way..

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I think the Eagles success bodes well for us: Similar coaches with similar styles and philosophies, McVay heading into his 2nd year looking pretty good...

by Elmgrovegnome
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   624  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

The Eagles being able to continue being the best team in the league, or NFC hinges on a few key points.

Does any team ever offer Jim Shwartz a head coaching job again?

Can Wentz stay healthy as a running QB or can he learn to be a pocket passer and have the same success?

Will teams like Minnesota and L.A. Rams be able to keep pace?

• 2 / 3
24 posts Mar 28 2024