United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Sign him.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/960998064071864320

I think his benching of Butler has already made it clear. Calling in sick so he could show up a day late to Minn ... really? Butler didn't think the team doctors were qualified to treat him?

Belichick's way of running a team is what got him the many SB victories ... he isn't gonna let anyone get away with BS. Jack Del Rio is a perfect example of what happens when you let cancer in the locker room fester.

I wonder how McVay would have handled that situation.

by snackdaddy
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I noticed Belichek said he made is decision based on what he felt was best for the team. I don't recall him saying the usual "I did what I felt gives us the best chance to win". The goal of any team is to win the Superbowl. If a guy who can help you win breaks a team rule during the season he should be disciplined. But if you're in the final game, the Superbowl, in probably that player's final game with you, does that apply? If your star quarterback broke a rule and you know you'll lose without him do you sit him? Or do you owe it to the fans to try and win with your best? I'm not saying Butler woulda made the difference but their defense sure got torched.

by End Of Jets
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   134  
Ireland   NYC
Practice Squad

This is very weird. But he may be the Jets gain, so I will take it.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote: I'm not saying Butler woulda made the difference but their defense ...
I hate Bilichick ... but I respect his decision ... on the flip side ... one play ... just one play that his backup didn't make ... might have been the difference.

by Elmgrovegnome
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   624  
Veteran

snackdaddy wrote:I noticed Belichek said he made is decision based on what he felt was best for the team. I don't recall him saying the usual "I did what I felt gives us the best chance to win". The goal of any team is to win the Superbowl. If a guy who can help you win breaks a team rule during the season he should be disciplined. But if you're in the final game, the Superbowl, in probably that player's final game with you, does that apply? If your star quarterback broke a rule and you know you'll lose without him do you sit him? Or do you owe it to the fans to try and win with your best? I'm not saying Butler woulda made the difference but their defense sure got torched.

I agree. Brady could have shit in Bill's launch box and banged his mom in the middle of the field and he would still play. I can see it for a regular season game but benching Butler may have been an error.

I'd like the Rams to sign him. Then if the meet the Patriots they will have at least one player with extra incentive to stick it to Bill.....a la Lagarret Blount.

by /zn/
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

This vid discusses Butler at length.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Mar 29 2024