56 posts
  • 6 / 6
 by SWAdude
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Last nights awards ceremony was complete validation that the Los Angeles Rams are relevant again.

Sean McVay's acceptance speech was incredible in that he gave credit to so many from ownership down to the trainers. He basically said the Team set it up for him to knock it out. Humility at its finest.

Many in all phases of the game are going to want to be a part of that atmosphere. Personnel, players and fans alike.

And the future just keeps getting brighter, and brighter, and brighter.

We don't even really have a stadium yet! But when it's finished. My lord..........

It is REALLY good to be an original LA Rams fan.

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Bingo!! Great post @SWAdude !! That hit the spot.

by HopHead Ram
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

Just a great way to cap what was a pretty remarkable season for our resurgent LA Rams. True... playing today would have been the better Hollywood story but I'll take the season we had over the 29 other teams not in the SB.

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Didn't see the ceremony so maybe it was explained there, but...
If Brady is MVP then shouldn't he be OPY. What is the difference between the two?

Is an MVP award given to the guy whom, without him, the team sucks? The Pats seem to fly no matter who the QB is behind center.

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:Didn't see the ceremony so maybe it was explained there, but...
If Brady is MVP then shouldn't he be OPY. What is the difference between the two?

Is an MVP award given to the guy whom, without him, the team sucks? The Pats seem to fly no matter who the QB is behind center.

I don't really know the difference between MVP and OPOY, but the MVP almost always goes to a QB (a QB has won the award 10 out of the last 11 seasons).

Gurley received 37 votes for OPOY (A. Brown was second with 8 votes), and Brady only received 4. I don't think Brady had an MVP type of season. This was the perfect year, for a player other than a QB to win the award.

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I thought this was a pretty good interview. They talked about the offensive player of the year award, the MVP award, and a lot of other things.

• 6 / 6
56 posts Mar 29 2024