35 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by BobCarl
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Team has spoken to a handful of players @ Senior Bowl practices.
Rashaad Penny, San Diego State
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico State
Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State
Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana
Marcus Davenport UTSA
Ohio State’s Jalyn Holmes
Shaquem Griffin Central Florida
James Washington OKST
Alex Cappa Humboldt St
Daesean Hamilton PSU
Braxton Berrios Miami
Armani Watts Texas A&M
Cedric Wilson Jr
Allen Lazard
J'mon Moore
Isaac Yiadom
Tray Mathews
Michael Gallup

Some whispers early @ SB. Den could be shopping Paxton or Trevor or both.Talib is available for the right price. CLE shopping Kiser. Lastly, E.Sanders could be on his way out via trade or release & my guy says team is eyeing that situation closely.

L.Bell:
Some mild interest but @ this point what team isn't IF he hits FA.Going off the info I was told Sat night, I doubt as of now OAK goes after Bell.They're eyeing some HB's in the draft. Barkely,Michel,Penny, K.Johnson

Pending how things shake out team could have up to 11 draft picks(includes comp picks).

Crabtree: I pointed this out weeks ago & now Joe A & others are confirming that Crabs is all but gone.There will be others released or not retained/re-signed.There was the 6 that I mentioned as cancer but was my wording to describe how things have soured. Once I was able to, I listed those players.

Lastly, my disclaimer. I post what I hear within a 24-48 hr window. Sometimes sooner but I'm not in an office where I can sit & post everything I get immediately. I try but doesn't always work out.This can all change on a given moment. People that read these can take these post however they chose, I'm not here to force feed anyone.However, my guys have been spot on more so then not for the past 3 years of me posting.I told y'all about S.Smith signing, Lynch, JDR being fired, some draft picks that the team was high on as draft closed in IE-Gabe,Walford, etc.I'm all for discussions & disagreements but there's a way to go about it w/o being an asshole.I also don't have an issue on answering questions when I can. I sift through every post & comments to see if there was any questions & try to answer them.Hopefully, this won't get side ways. If so, I'll just say it now & check out with these threads.

by sloramfan
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

bob you crack me up...

raider news on the rams site...

now i have to admit, the raiders were my go to team the last couple of years with the hire of del rio, and drafting of carr... but my daughter married a die hard saints fan, and ive always been a fan of brees, so oakland/LV is now my third most loved franchize...

keep posting BC, cuz im always up for raider news, even though i get a little pissy when im looking for rams stuff and your raider stuff pops up...

news is news...and we're all pulling hard on the oars for our rams...

go rams

slo

by RedAlice
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

It's off season. I like news on other teams and don't have time to keep up.

Since we don't have an official Other NFL Teams section, I say fair game on any NFL news one of our posters finds interesting.

:)

by Hacksaw
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

1.JPG

by SWAdude
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:It's off season. I like news on other teams and don't have time to keep up.

Since we don't have an official Other NFL Teams section, I say fair game on any NFL news one of our posters finds interesting.

:)

I disagree with you on this one Red. It’s Raiders News. Not NFL.

There may be a tidbit here and there that may be NFL news that has something about the Raiders. Like the Gruden hire. That’s NFL news. Not who the Raiders are interested in with the senior bowl. That’s Raiders news. There is a difference.

I understand the “intent” of Rams/NFL by its creator. Bob Carl does not.

It is weird, therefore has become annoying. I know how to behave at the party I have been invited to. Some do not. There is always that “one”. And they don’t get invited back.

GO RAMS!!!

by RedAlice
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:I disagree with you on this one Red. It’s Raiders News. Not NFL.

There may be a tidbit here and there that may be NFL news that has something about the Raiders. Like the Gruden hire. That’s NFL news. Not who the Raiders are interested in with the senior bowl. That’s Raiders news. There is a difference.

I understand the “intent” of Rams/NFL by its creator. Bob Carl does not.

It is weird, therefore has become annoying. I know how to behave at the party I have been invited to. Some do not. There is always that “one”. And they don’t get invited back.

GO RAMS!!!

I adore you. But, um the Raiders are still in the NFL.

So. Until we have a separate forum for other NFL teams - all NFL news is welcome here.

I'll add that I'm a huge fan of that separate forum. We just haven't needed it. But, be calm - we can discuss other teams.

Part of the brilliance here is discussing the entire NFL.

by BobCarl
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
Superstar

RedAlice wrote: we don't have an official Other NFL Teams section
thank you!

I wouldn't blame the Admins of this site if they make one. However, at this point in this board's growth, a once-a-month insider posting doesn't dominate or clutter the listings of topics.

Many Rams fans here at RFU pay a little more attention to the Raiders than they do for most of the other 30 NFL teams, and many here have expressed their appreciation for the info I share. And we could spend a thread or two or three or more talking about the inter and inner relationships that exist and existed between the Rams and Raiders. Mike Jones "The Tackle" is a classic example.

The inside info I share is REAL fly-on-the-wall information. I find that level of info interesting for any NFL team.

Would I be glad to get that same level of information from inside Belichick's office? ... yes I would ... and the Patriots are my least favorite team in the NFL. I would be grateful for anyone to "interrupt" my Rams page with this type of stuff from the Vikings, Eagles, or ANY NFL team. I'd be happy to have it as a sticky on the top of my Raiders topics listing.

In the past I have gotten information from inside the War room while the draft was in progress. Once, before a Monday night game ... I was able to get the opening drive play script. Fun stuff .... even for some non-Raider fans. Boring for others.

The Raiders are not for everyone. Neither am I.

SWAdude wrote: I know how to behave at the party
and I know how to throw a party. Just ask the Rams fans here that attended.

Oh, btw ... I've been invited to a party tomorrow. It is a party that has been given this time of the year for the last 8 years. I have been invited every year. There will be a lot of people there that I've known for decades, I won't get to talk to all of them. There will be a lot of people that know of me, but have never met me, and not all of them will get to.. How rude of me. I won't please everybody. I won't sing to each and every tune being hummed. I'm not an outgoing person anyway. Maybe I won't get invited back next year. Maybe I will.

by snackdaddy
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:I disagree with you on this one Red. It’s Raiders News. Not NFL.

Seriously? I don't know what world you're in but the Raiders are an NFL team in my world.

by rams74
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1460  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

As long as it's appropriately posted as "news about the Raiders" (and it is), I don't have a problem with it. Don't open it if you don't want news about the Raiders. Personally, I can't stand the Raiders, but I'll scan through the post. BC doesn't inundate us with this stuff all the time, just occasionally. I don't mind the occasional off topic thread, as long as it doesn't detract from Rams news and discussions. That's what this is.

by SWAdude
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:Seriously? I don't know what world you're in but the Raiders are an NFL team in my world.

No shit Sherlock.

This personally is the only Rams forum I have been a part of that operates like this. And I don’t like it. And believe it wasn’t meant to share team news like this.

If you can’t understand the difference between NFL interest vs team specific interest, nothing I can do about that pal.

• 1 / 4
35 posts Mar 29 2024