49 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by RedAlice
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Weed and domestic violence don't seem to fit.

Both are breaking rules.

Fits in that way.

Tho I support weed smoking as legal, no way is a weed smoker not capable of else.

They are.

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

RedAlice wrote:Both are breaking rules.

Fits in that way.

Tho I support weed smoking as legal, no way is a weed smoker not capable of else.

They are.

Not the same as drinkers but I'm sure they are capable of being jerks as well.

by JackPMiller
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I wonder if Foster is today's version of Lawrence Philips? Amazing talent, but can't stay out of trouble. He had character issues coming into the draft, and we are seeing it in the NFL.

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:I wonder if Foster is today's version of Lawrence Philips? Amazing talent, but can't stay out of trouble. He had character issues coming into the draft, and we are seeing it in the NFL.

Aldon Smith is a better comparison.

Phillips was a great college player, but even without the legal issues, he wouldn't have been a good NFL player because he was lazy and not committed to football.

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

The website owned and operated by the NFL mentions it; the website owned and operated by the 49ers does not.

Linebacker Reuben Foster, a first-round pick the 49ers snatched at 31 due to multiple concerns that prompted the top-five talent to slide down the board, ended up behind bars on Sunday following an arrest for domestic violence and possession of an assault rifle. At the team’s official website and Twitter page, however, no reference is made to Foster’s second legal entanglement in less than a month (or to his first).

Check out the team’s website, where “Garoppolo” is currently so prevalent it’s hard not to wonder whether they’ve changed the franchise’s nickname. There’s nothing about Foster’s arrest, anywhere. Ditto for the Twitter page.

We’re not suggesting the 49ers should revel in the news that their faith in Foster may have been more than a little misplaced. But the arrest happened. It’s a fact. The team has issued a statement acknowledging it. To omit any reference to it from the team’s website underscores the fundamental problem with media owned and operated by a sports league or a sports team.

Leagues and teams can, and at times will, hide from view stories or other facts that are embarrassing or inconvenient. Given that the 49ers hope to parlay their $137.5 million investment in quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo into immediate season-ticket sales (as evidenced by the pop-up ad that greets anyone who dials up the official website), the last thing the team needs to do is point out that another player has given credence to the red flags that most other teams noticed — and heeded — 10 months ago.

The dynamic invites skepticism as it relates to the rest of the content of any team-owned website. Are any of the articles, videos, and/or “exclusive” interviews with coaches and players an actual glimpse of what the team is all about, or merely an effort to restrict the snapshot only to that which they want the visitor to see?

Many have known the answer to that question for years. Today, the 49ers provide one of the most glaring examples of it.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ProFootballTalk wrote:The website owned and operated by the NFL mentions it; the website owned and operated by the 49ers does not.....no reference is made to Foster’s second legal entanglement in less than a month (or to his first).

I think it is prudent for the 9ers to find out if the "entanglement" is legit or not ... and if so, they need to find out of they can recover any of the signing bonus and or guarantees before they part ways with him.

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I hope they screw it up !

• 4 / 5
49 posts Mar 28 2024