49 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by BobCarl
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4282  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Reuben Foster arrested for possession of marijuana

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster was arrested Friday in Alabama on a possession of marijuana charge, according to records from the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

He was released from jail after posting $2,500 bond. The second-degree marijuana possession charge is considered a Class-A misdemeanor in Alabama.

Foster was selected 31st overall by the 49ers in the 2017 NFL Draft. He was considered a top target but slid down the draft board because of character issues. He was sent home from the draft combine for arguing with a hospital worker during his physical.

In April, he was notified by the NFL that his urine sample obtained during the NFL Scouting Combine was reported as dilute and was treated like a positive test. Foster disclosed the test results to NFL.com because, he said, "This is something that's going to get out. I don't make excuses."

In his first season with the 49ers, he started 10 games and recorded 72 tackles.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -marijuana

by Neil039
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

Doesn't matter where it's locally legal. Its still not approved by the NFL or federal government. This guy likely had more issues than just smoking pot. Read the article, so not sure how or why police made contact with him. John Lynch might not be the "Savior" as he's been anointed by so many. Character issues are just that..ISSUES! I hope he turns into a cancer for the 49ers! Although as a person, I hope he gets himself together and is a great family man.

by azramsfan93
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1491  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Nothing personal against the kid, but he should know 2 things:

1. Weed is illegal in Alabama
2. His contract with the NFL prohibits him using it

He has to make better decisions and take responsibility for his actions.

On a lighter note... I hope he gets a LONG suspension! Anything the hurts the whiners is a good thing.

by Neil039
6 years 2 months ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:I wonder how much longer the NFL will continue to ban pot, things certainly seem to be moving the other direction...

I would lean towards no for the NFL. They get huge breaks from the Federal Government, until pot changes on the federal level it's highly unlikely the NFL changes soon. Money makes a lot of decisions, especially when it comes to the NFL.

by Neil039
6 years 2 months ago
Superstar

Google "NFL tax subsidiess federal"....way to many to list.

Jerry Jones would have been a preacher if the NFL didn't get breaks and exemptions from the government. It been common knowledge for a long time.

by BobCarl
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4282  
Superstar

Neil039 wrote:They get huge breaks from the Federal Government....
Donald Trump said the NFL gets "massive tax breaks" ... must be true ... right? .... WRONG! LOL

Nothing like plagiarizing fake news. The truth is, every dime of NFL revenue is taxed.

Another misnomer of Trump-like News comes from the term of "tax exempt bonds".

Individuals like all of us here, may choose to invest some of our money in Government bonds. We receive income from that investment by collecting interest. Under the normal tax code, we are responsible to pay taxes on the interest we receive. But if we invest in "tax exempt bonds" WE don't have to pay taxes on the interest income we make off of it.

Nothing about "tax exempt bonds" gets the team a break from paying taxes on revenue it generates.

And furthermore, it is local governments, not Federal Government, that decide to or not use "tax exempt" bonds for its own stadiums.

Maybe Mr. Trump think places like Inglewood and Las Vegas are shithole cities, I don't.

by azramsfan93
6 years 2 months ago
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:I wonder how much longer the NFL will continue to ban pot, things certainly seem to be moving the other direction...

It is still against the law at the federal level, and in 42 states.

by azramsfan93
6 years 2 months ago
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:The NBA will change it before the NFL does. Lotta the same people outraged by the flag protests against legalized weed.

“Law and order”.

Are you opposed to law and order? Just to clarify, because putting it in double quotes is not a clear statement.

• 1 / 5
49 posts Mar 28 2024