49 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by Neil039
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Some posters run their mouth like its Gawd Almighty with no facts or support..Bull Crap.

Nothing to due with loud mouths spouting their individual political beliefs to feel better. Sad and beyond idiotic. But thats what some do to feel better about their position.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... rump-said/

by Neil039
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

BTW ignore is such a wonderful part of this website!

by Elvis
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

azramsfan93 wrote:It is still against the law at the federal level, and in 42 states.

True but the arc is leaning towards legalization and i think the NFL will get on board at some point, possibly soon, maybe the next CBA...

by BobCarl
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
Superstar

Neil039 wrote:Bull Crap.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... rump-said/

yes ... the spin that your article puts at the conclusion of the article is Bull Crap. You can spin as many half-truths all you like ... it doesn't equal truth.

The writer of your article doesn't seem to understand that public are the ones who are exempt from paying taxes on the interest income they get paid from the City.

The team isn't exempt from their revenue being taxed.

by Hacksaw
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

azramsfan93 wrote:It is still against the law at the federal level, and in 42 states.

How much was he in possession of?

Until it is legal everywhere on the State and Federal levels,, imo, it's pribably not gonna happen. But yes, eventually it will.

by SWAdude
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:True but the arc is leaning towards legalization and i think the NFL will get on board at some point, possibly soon, maybe the next CBA...

I doubt it will every be legalized on the federal level in my life time.

For one, national safety standards would be greatly affected.

I am referring to the logistics of allowing the use of a narcotic in safety related fields. Too big of an unknown. Too much liability.

by BobCarl
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Until it is legal everywhere on the State and Federal levels,, imo, it's pribably not gonna happen. But yes, eventually it will.

My gut feeling is that it will be quietly taken out of the "testing". As long as they don't get caught by the authorities and keep it in moderation like alcohol, they won't have to worry.

Eventually, we will no longer hear "tested positive for marijuana" from random tests. And btw... when was the last time we heard that? anymore it seems that it is just PEDs that players get caught with.

by Hacksaw
6 years 2 months ago

BobCarl wrote:My gut feeling is that it will be quietly taken out of the "testing". As long as they don't get caught by the authorities and keep it in moderation like alcohol, they won't have to worry.

Eventually, we will no longer hear "tested positive for marijuana" from random tests. And btw... when was the last time we heard that? anymore it seems that it is just PEDs that players get caught with.

That would make sense / work if the NFL are advocating.

by Elvis
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

They don't really have to be advocating. Why test for something that isn't a PED and is legal in many of the states they play in?

by Hacksaw
6 years 2 months ago

Elvis wrote:They don't really have to be advocating. Why test for something that isn't a PED and is legal in many of the states they play in?

It's not in all states, that's the issue right now.. Nor do the Feds consider it legal in any state. Sessions has made it clear.

or are they simply leveraging for some of the state tax revenues?

• 2 / 5
49 posts Mar 28 2024