191 posts
  • 20 / 20
 by /zn/
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   6788  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Also.... talk about being wrong... I’m not the one who brought up Saffold, Hav & Brown’s FA situations.

"Following this you acted like you were feeding me new information as to when Saffold, Havenstein & Brown would become eligible for free agency, and when I suggested a means for dealing with it, you both skipped right over it. "

I quote D84 quoting someone else but this is not directed at D84.

So, as for the misread/miscomprehension quoted here, no one was "feeding" anyone "new information."

Bringing up those things was simply a matter of being thorough and complete in an an analysis of the situation. That's just a way of making a case. So, it's not JUST that older OTs are something to pay attention to, it;s ALSO that the Rams face a lot of additional OL change by the end of 2018.

One possible response to that would be to look at drafting OL in 2018, and particularly a left OT, since a solid LOT draft pick in 2018 can be used at other positions---in other words, having a first-round LOT on hand from the 2018 draft is not entirely and solely dependent on what happens with Whitworth in 2018 and 2019. You can use that guy in other ways too if AW hangs around. And why not. AW himself mostly played guard for the first three years of his career. Same sort of thing.

It's just making a thorough case for something.

• 20 / 20
191 posts May 18 2024