291 posts
  • 2 / 30
 by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Goff is better. McVay is better. The Rams offense has jelled. The Rams already played them so they aren't foreign.
The Hags aren't as good as they were due to injuries. The Hags entire O is named Wilson,, slow him down and the Hags won't keep up. The Hags needed 5 turnover to barely win,, that won't happen again.

Rams take this one and Goff comes of age.

by /zn/
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6788  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

max wrote:The Seahawks have Earl Thomas who will try to deceive Goff. How many times did Goff turn the ball over against the Hawks in their first game? Wasn't it 2 picks and a strip sack for a TD? Granted, Goff is better now. But is he that much better that he wont make any critical mistakes in crunch time? That's what I'm doubtful about.

Gurley is protecting the ball now, I believe that wont happen again. TruJ sees the error of his act, I doubt he or anyone else on the defense taunts in this game. And those are not difficult things to correct.

Playing QB at a high level after showing that you have not been up to the challenge in clutch time is nowhere as easy to correct.

I'm not saying the Rams can't or won't win. They have the best RB in the NFC this year, and I believe they can win with him.

I'm just not as worried about Goff as you.

The issue about the mistakes you list doesn't really get at what I am getting at. It's not that Tru did X and will fix it. It's that Rams still make many critical mistakes. The fact that Tru won't jaw at an opponent after being warned not to anymore just means we don't know who the next "mistake to learn from" will come from and what they will do.

by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Bonehead mistakes aren't inevitable.

by /zn/
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6788  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Bonehead mistakes aren't inevitable.

They are however common with this year's Rams.

I think that will go away but it's part of the story of this year.

by max
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:I'm just not as worried about Goff as you.

The issue about the mistakes you list doesn't really get at what I am getting at. It's not that Tru did X and will fix it. It's that Rams still make many critical mistakes. The fact that Tru won't jaw at an opponent after being warned not to anymore just means we don't know who the next "mistake to learn from" will come from and what they will do.

Its fair to say that there is a chance that "we don't know who the next 'mistake to learn from' will come from and what they will do."

And I don't want to give the impression that I'm worried about Goff long term. I think he will be just fine. All I'm talking about is this year.

by aeneas1
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

alas, if only the rams were like the 2-11 giants, 2nd best in fewest combined penalties and turnovers this season, they could be real contenders... meanwhile the seahawks, with their league worst combined penalties and turnover rate, coupled with a dilapidated defense and an offense consisting of little else than a qb, appear to be a menacing week 15 challenge.

by aeneas1
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

re goff not being there yet... he booked a 149.3 qb rating in the fourth quarter to lead the rams to a win over the niners after the defense botched a late 34-20 lead, giving up 19 fourth quarter points... he got the rams to even late in the game against the skins after the skins put the offense in a 10-20 halftime hole, but the defense failed. he led the rams to a big road win in dallas after the defense put the offense in a 13-24 halftime hole.. he helped put the rams on top late in the game against the eagles after the defense put the rams in a 14-24 halftime hole... goff's done a lot this season imo, expecting him to come through again and again, every time the defense puts the offense in a big hole, every time he has a chance to win it on the final drive, may be too much to ask, of any qb.

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I hope tomorrow’s game goes down like this..

Rams down by 6, 2 minutes to go, 3 timeouts left, Goff takes the ball down the field and punches it in.

That’ll be Goff’s first game winning drive in the NFL and first NFC West title.

by ramsman34
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

MAX, "But is he that much better that he wont make any critical mistakes in crunch time? That's what I'm doubtful about."

I think he is that much better. His mistake against the Eagles in crunch time was affected considerably by the play call/long developing route and a turnstile at RT. Goff was being ultra aggressive and looking for the kill shot to Sammy. I LOVE that about him. Held the ball too long/too low. Will he learn? Hell yes.

I vacillate between this being a very close, who has the ball last game - and the RAMS just flat out dominating them and crushing them.

It could go either way. We WILL NOT be getting blown out by these guys. And that should say a lot about this team and about Goff. We have been in every game late - every single game.

This team is becoming a force and I, and I am sure all of us, want that signature win where we leave no doubt about how real this team is.

• 2 / 30
291 posts May 18 2024