0%
Other
4%
 by Elvis
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

This is one of these deals where if Todd Haley is running the offense, what’s the point of Hue? Kind of like when Linehan hired Al Saunders...

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Steve Spagnuolo is not expected to be part of Pat Shurmur’s coaching staff once the Giants officially hire him as their next head coach this week.

La Canfora also confirms that former Raiders HC Jack Del Rio is the “favorite” to be the Giants’ defensive coordinator.

Spagnuolo, 58, began his NFL coaching career with the Redskins as a player personnel intern in 1983. After several years coaching college and overseas, Spagnuolo was hired by the Eagles as a defensive assistant in 1999. He worked his way up to LBs coach before departing to become the Giants’ defensive coordinator in 2007.

The Rams would hire Spagnuolo as their head coach a few years later and he spent three seasons in St. Louis before he was fired after the 2011 season.

Spagnuolo had brief stints with the Saints and Ravens before returning to the Giants as their defensive coordinator in 2015. After Ben McAdoo was fired, the Giants promoted him to interim head coach.

In 2017, the Giants’ defense ranked No. 31 in yards allowed, No. 27 in points allowed, No. 27 in rushing yards allowed and No. 31 in pass yards allowed.

by dieterbrock
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Vrabel attempted to go back to his OSU roots for his OC.

I’d like to see a headline where McVay is giving play calling to LaFleur because this could end up being his spot

by Elvis
6 years 2 months ago
Administrator

Spags hired Shurmur in St. Louis.

I guess Shurmur knows better than to return the favor...

by Elvis
6 years 2 months ago
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:I’d like to see a headline where McVay is giving play calling to LaFleur because this could end up being his spot

This i don't agree with.

McVay is a talented play caller, young and on top of his game.

I want him calling the offense for years to come...

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Mike Vrabel was just hired as the Titans next head coach, but it looks like he’s going to take some more time to hire his next offensive coordinator. Ohio State’s Ryan Day appeared to be the frontrunner in the Titans search, but he will not leave the Buckeyes for the opportunity to work in the NFL, a source tells Adam Schefter of ESPN.com (Twitter link).

Being that Vrabel is a defensive-minded coach, this hire appears to be critical in determining Marcus Mariota‘s future success. Day was originally thought to be a good choice because of his familiarity with Mariota’s college offense being that he did work with Chip Kelly in his final season in Philadelphia. He also was the quarterback coach in San Francisco in 2016 before accepting a job with Ohio State.

With Day staying put, Vrabel could just reset his search with some many potential hires available in the open market. There were rumors yesterday that he had interest in Lions QB coach Brian Callahan for the role. But with other more experienced coaches like Ben McAdoo, Darrell Bevell and Mike McCoy still free agents there is no shortage of candidates to be considered.

by dieterbrock
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This i don't agree with.

McVay is a talented play caller, young and on top of his game.

I want him calling the offense for years to come...

Good points

• 30 / 35
346 posts Mar 28 2024