230 posts
  • 1 / 23
 by moklerman
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

LA fans need to hang their collective heads in shame. Rams are the highest scoring team in the league, in first place, exciting and there's absolutely no excuse to not have better attendance. The first game of the year against the Colts had a paid attendance of 60,000 and yesterday had the exact same number of 60,000.

No bump at all after 9 weeks? Maybe LA fans are sports dumb.

The 0-8 49ers drew 70,000 yesterday by comparison. This is just embarrassing as a Rams fan. At least St. Louis showed up when the Rams were winning.

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:LA fans need to hang their collective heads in shame. Rams are the highest scoring team in the league, in first place, exciting and there's absolutely no excuse to not have better attendance. The first game of the year against the Colts had a paid attendance of 60,000 and yesterday had the exact same number of 60,000.

No bump at all after 9 weeks? Maybe LA fans are sports dumb.

The 0-8 49ers drew 70,000 yesterday by comparison. This is just embarrassing as a Rams fan. At least St. Louis showed up when the Rams were winning.

I was talking to a coworker from LA yesterday. They claimed the Coliseum is so bad they wouldn't set foot in there with free tickets, free parking, free food and drink for a guaranteed Rams win.

Is it really that bad?

by moklerman
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I was talking to a coworker from LA yesterday. They claimed the Coliseum is so bad they wouldn't set foot in there with free tickets, free parking, free food and drink for a guaranteed Rams win.

Is it really that bad?
USC fans don't seem to have any trouble dealing with it.

by Gareth
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

No!

I go to every game and it's just fine for me. Maybe I'm in the minority but I actually go to enjoy a football game. I'm not there to get drunk or eat and drink non-stop. I want to see my team and hopefully watch a win.

Truth is, I would much rather pay $100 to see a game at the Coliseum than $200 to see a game in a sparkly new stadium.

by HAL 9000
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

moklerman wrote:USC fans don't seem to have any trouble dealing with it.

I would say that there were around 45K in the seats and the niner game may have had around 60K.

Rams used to sell out back in the '70's early '80's so what gives? Has the pricing gone up that much?

by moklerman
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Gareth wrote:No!

I go to every game and it's just fine for me. Maybe I'm in the minority but I actually go to enjoy a football game. I'm not there to get drunk or eat and drink non-stop. I want to see my team and hopefully watch a win.

Truth is, I would much rather pay $100 to see a game at the Coliseum than $200 to see a game in a sparkly new stadium.
I don't think anyone's going to try and say the Coliseum's a great experience but it isn't so decrepit that it should keep people away.

Especially in a city that's only got the Rams back for the 2nd year since not having any NFL at all. And they're in first place and scoring tons of points doing it.

USC, in a ho-hum year, is averaging 71,000. I really don't see why the Rams should be averaging almost 10,000 less per game.

by Haden
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Two Things:
1. The rams have been so bad for soooo long that it takes a while for many fans to jump on the bandwagon.
2. A lot of folks, myself included, resent getting boned for $50 parking.

I am sure numbers will go up as playoffs get closer.

by moklerman
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

call me Roman wrote:Why spend all that money on a game when you can see it better for free on t.v.
Wouldn't 49ers fans be using the same excuse? Maybe the league needs to reinstate the blackout rules?

by HAL 9000
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

Haden wrote: I am sure numbers will go up as playoffs get closer.

I'm having my doubts.

• 1 / 23
230 posts Apr 19 2024