337 posts
  • 34 / 34
 by aeneas1
6 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:We are in agreement that Donald is a great player. There have been plenty of great players, dedicated and all that, who were still jackasses. And I have never seen anything from Donald that showed me he was a team leader who went out of his way to help out his teammates. He probably led by example, sure, but give me one example where it was shown he reached out to younger players and helped them out. All I saw was a ranting jackass disrespecting the refs in SF last year. You may want to overlook that, but that sounds more like a homer talking than an objective person.

It will be interesting if he holds out until he needs to come in to get his time in so he can leave early. If that happens at a time when the Rams are out of the playoff hunt, he's just gonna confirm that he's a jackass. He'd be coming into a clubhouse to punch a clock and couldnt care less about winning. Do you want that guy on your team?

again, wow, it's really hard for me to believe that you're talking about donald, jackass this, jackass that, just so bizarre to me... you've clearly watched him play for three years, watched his off the hook offseason workouts, have you taken the time to watch vids of his college coaches and teammates talking about him as well, listened to him talk about his love of the game, his mom saying that after college games he was never went home, instead he was in the film room.... this guy has played his ass off for three years as a pro, no one has been better, and now he's looking to get rewarded, looking for the financial security elite players enjoy, but he's a jackass because he's looking out for his future rather than ensuring that some fans don't have a few of their sundays wrecked? can't even begin to wrap my head around that.

by PARAM
6 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:again, wow, it's really hard for me to believe that you're talking about donald, jackass this, jackass that, just so bizarre to me... you've clearly watched him play for three years, watched his off the hook offseason workouts, have you taken the time to watch vids of his college coaches and teammates talking about him as well, listened to him talk about his love of the game, his mom saying that after college games he was never went home, instead he was in the film room.... this guy has played his ass off for three years as a pro, no one has been better, and now he's looking to get rewarded, looking for the financial security elite players enjoy, but he's a jackass because he's looking out for his future rather than ensuring that some fans don't have a few of their sundays wrecked? can't even begin to wrap my head around that.

Spot on. Unfortunately, athletes get bad advice from family, friends and agents. And they could appear to be jackasses. Of course we don't know the details of the negotiations, just the suppositions and wild guesses. Is there really a need to be "the highest paid"? Is it a slight to be top 3? And what's more rewarding?? >>>> Being the highest paid _____ in the NFL on a 6-10 team or being one of the highest paid _____ in the NFL on a perennial playoff team? And could such desires/demands, create desires/demands from team mates for something similar making a difference in the eventual team record/performance over the course of a few seasons by altering the roster in a negative way? I really hope this ends well for all involved but it certainly has the potential to be very ugly. As far as labeling Donald a jackass or an asshole, that's going way too far with very limited information. Anything is possible though.

by BobCarl
6 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   4322  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Haden wrote:Donald steals candy from children!!! Scum!!!!!!
Will you tell him to give me back my Darth Vader Pez dispenser? it was half full when he bullied it away from me. ... I expect the NFL to investigate him on violating the league's conduct policy. He is so mean.

by snackdaddy
6 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

69superbowl wrote:6-10 team! Sold.

If that 6-10 team averages 22 points per game and Goff starts to look like a franchise QB at some point, I'll take it. No matter what happens with the negotiations the team will not get anywhere riding on Aaron Donald's back.

• 34 / 34
337 posts May 12 2024