33 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by SpeedRacer
6 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   389  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Sure looks nice. So far it's all about the suite crowd who mostly couldn't give a crap about the actual game. I've been lucky enough to sit in a suite a couple times in Seattle. It was great having a private bathroom and food spread. You know what? I spent all game action time in a seat watching the game and respectfully rooting for my team. Just like I do in the cramped Coli. Granted the seat was way more comfortable with no cracks and holes!

Go Rams!

by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

what exactly is that vid showing? seems that it's showing the field as an enormous screen, with images projected from the "oculus", but that's not the case is it?

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

It's totally possible it could double as a projector, and I actually wouldn't doubt it would have the capability considering the wide variety of events that will be held there but, I don't think that's what they were demo-ing. But it's not really clear I guess.

That being said...4 stories tall and 4k resolution?!!?? That is insanely impressive!!

by SWAdude
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:what exactly is that vid showing? seems that it's showing the field as an enormous screen, with images projected from the "oculus", but that's not the case is it?

Seeing it in person I believe the field changing is purely part of the presentation of displaying different view points of the Stadium experience. Not an elaborate method of event viewing.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:It's totally possible it could double as a projector, and I actually wouldn't doubt it would have the capability considering the wide variety of events that will be held there but, I don't think that's what they were demo-ing. But it's not really clear I guess.

That being said...4 stories tall and 4k resolution?!!?? That is insanely impressive!!

I don't think anyone has done on field projections for football like what has been done at NBA and NHL games. The problem with Inglewood will be the translucent roof and the open sides won't allow for blackout capability until after the sun sets.

This is what I'm talking about.

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video/bl ... c-58549703

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

The same thoughts crossed my mind, although to me the biggest hurdle would be projecting on a green surface. It would really limit the color palette you could use. For hockey and basketball it's easy, you have a white or a light brown surface. The Oilers do it here all the time and it's pretty impressive in person. In fact they just won an award for Best Overall Video presentation in sports. Most likely only thing the Oilers win this year. :oops2:

Like I said, it's easily possible in the new stadium, but there are definitely things working against it. I agree with you, not really very practical until night fall, and unless you plan and changing the ground surface every time you want to use it, green turf is going to limit you visually as well.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:The same thoughts crossed my mind, although to me the biggest hurdle would be projecting on a green surface. It would really limit the color palette you could use. For hockey and basketball it's easy, you have a white or a light brown surface. The Oilers do it here all the time and it's pretty impressive in person. In fact they just won an award for Best Overall Video presentation in sports. Most likely only thing the Oilers win this year. :oops2:

Like I said, it's easily possible in the new stadium, but there are definitely things working against it. I agree with you, not really very practical until night fall, and unless you plan and changing the ground surface every time you want to use it, green turf is going to limit you visually as well.

I think they gave the onfield projection a shot at the Atlanta Braves new place and it wasn't anywhere as good as in an enclosed arena.

by Mr. Sparkle
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

So last I heard was end of August for us... more budget minded? people to start the process. Anyone hear any updates on this? I was one of the first to get tickets back in 2016 and felt I kinda got hosed on the seat relocation this year. I don't want that to happen again for the new stadium. I am wondering how it will work. I don't like waiting for the call as that is what I did for the relocation and everyone just called anyway and got ahead. Wouldn't think they would want to do it during the season as if the team does not do well, it would hurt sales. While now they are riding high and have momentum. Or I have no idea what I am talking about which is very possible too.

• 3 / 4
33 posts Mar 28 2024