65 posts
  • 3 / 7
 by PhxRam
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   376  
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

Hacksaw wrote:
The Buss's must have really chapped his hide to have him come back to the Clip's.... Not the Lakers.. Not a good sign for Laker fan.

You have it backwards.

West WANTED to come back to the Lakers and Jeanie Buss said "no"

by Hacksaw
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

PhxRam wrote:You have it backwards.

West WANTED to come back to the Lakers and Jeanie Buss said "no"

Are you kidding me? OMFG.. We'll I guess she did chap his hide but not how I thought. WOW

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Under a big white tent on a dirt field that was a few feet south of where the Rams are constructing their new stadium, Clippers owner Steve Ballmer and Inglewood city officials held a news conference Tuesday during which they expressed their desire to introduce legislation in the quest to build a basketball arena there.

The legislation, AB 987, will provide shortcuts for approval if the proposed project faces challenges under California’s primary environmental law governing development. A similar bill, SB 789, failed to gain traction last year.

The Clippers play at Staples Center, which is owned by AEG, and share the arena with the Lakers and Kings.

“This is not a complicated thing we’re talking about,” Ballmer said. “I want to build a house in Inglewood. It’s that simple. We don’t have our own house. We’d like to have our own house, right here, on this site.

“So I’m excited to get a little bit of the help we need to build our house here in Inglewood. And I’m very, very committed to that and very excited about that opportunity.”

Those attending the news conference and supporting the Assembly bill included Clippers coach Doc Rivers, team consultant Jerry West, Assemblywoman Sydney Kamlager-Dove (D-Los Angeles), Inglewood Mayor James Butts and state Sen. Steven Bradford (D-Gardena).

Bradford, who had drafted SB 789, said a reason why his bill stalled is because Inglewood is “led by black and brown elected officials.

“Today is not about a basketball arena,” Bradford said. “It’s not about entertainment. It’s about reinvesting and revitalizing a community, a community that has been ignored for over 20-something years.”

by Hacksaw
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Ballmer riding ESK coat tails into Inglewood. So glad they aren't trying to get into the Forum like was once rumored.

Ballmer getting his own house automatically gives the Lakers their own house at the same time. This is a win.
Too bad the Lakers aren't moving by the Rams though. I'd like to see the Lakers aligning more with the Rams.
And what's with all those former San Diego teams locating in Inglewood :?

by dieterbrock
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:How good are the Clippers going to be if CP3 bolts to San Antonio.

Well he played for Houston this past season so...

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Ballmer getting his own house automatically gives the Lakers their own house at the same time. This is a win.
Too bad the Lakers aren't moving by the Rams though. I'd like to see the Lakers aligning more with the Rams.

It's still the Lakers house. I thought the current pecking order was Lakers, Kings and then Clippers last.

Any chance the Kings could leave Staples? How long are they tied to there?

by Phil
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   170  
United States of America   Norwalk, CA
Rookie

The Kings own Staples so they'll be there for a long time

• 3 / 7
65 posts Mar 29 2024