265 posts
  • 2 / 27
 by OldSchool
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

With the cap space teams have it's funny that people were hoping to sign some of these guys on bargain deals. Next year is going to be worse.

Quick glance at next year before any new long term contracts are signed.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

The Rams are 8th with $72 million projected to be open next year. Figure we extend AD and sign our rookie class and that'll take up maybe $24 million of it. Planning on AD getting $20M next year. Plus players I'm hoping we cut this year to clear some space would save us another $16M next year.

by Hacksaw
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Thanks 82. Awesome. Keep em coming. You are the maan.

by Tom, With Horns
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   229  
United States of America   Redding CA
Rookie

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. Was surprised to see the Pryor expectation higher than the Jeffery expectation. Time will tell. We'll know a lot this time next week!

OldSchool wrote:With the cap space teams have it's funny that people were hoping to sign some of these guys on bargain deals.

Yeah, it's looking more and more like this will be a light dip into the free agency market for this team. Our current core roster plus a couple of free agents and rookies filling holes. Looks like both Pharoh Cooper and Tyler Higbee could be called upon to fill big offensive roles, eh?

by Elvis
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rookies and old guys, that's where the value is.

You're never gonna get a good deal on a good player coming off his rookie contract, well almost never...

by dieterbrock
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

Ok, I'm getting old and not too twitter savvy, what am I missing here?

by Hacksaw
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Somebody isn't getting along.

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Cooks wants to be traded. Evidently, Thomas' tweet was directed towards Cooks (saying he wants to be traded because he's jealous that Thomas has a bigger role or is expected to have a bigger role in the offense than Cooks). I guess Cooks is saying Thomas doesn't have the courage t talk to him, and he's using twitter to do his talking instead.

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

There's a lot of rumors, but unfortunately, so far there isn't any rumors directly or indirectly related to the Rams. It doesn't look like the Rams are going to be in the bidding for Desean Jackson.

• 2 / 27
265 posts May 13 2024