1540 posts
  • 2 / 154
 by SWAdude
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:Capture site.JPG

Such a beautiful backround for a sunny SoCal stadium site, but what I find interesting @SWAdude are the outbound planes heading east.. There must have had Santa Ana wind conditions that day, right? Or are they looping back that close?

Also a series of boom cranes tethered seems like a rather expensive way to hold up a large construction fence. Must have been windy..

This stadium is going to be epic on many levels and this picture just adds to these levels.

If this picture is indeed taken from the stadium construction site those two airplanes are the same airplane and somehow showed up in two different positions on the picture. If they were departing east they would be flying right over the stadium site. That plane is likely coming in from Asia and arriving from the North on downwind. (Great Circle Route)

My best guess based on one interesting picture. :)

by SWAdude
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:I flew out of LAX about two weeks ago and we took off going East, rare, but it happens.

Flew back at night but got a glimpse of the site and all i can really say is: it's big.

BTW, our Southwest pilot was a real cut up, very funny, and i couldn't help think: I wonder if i know this guy...

Ha!! Thanks for flying Southwest Airlines. :)

Maybe we do know each other now. If not, see you at a tail gate this next season! :)

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:While we are on this subject, early this last week........

So where would the Clippers arena go?

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:And.......

Great picture. Cool. Thanks.

BTW, I feel for that Home Depot on game days. Kinda like that poor WalMart right next to the Dallas Cowboys stadium.

by Hacksaw
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

SWAdude wrote:And.......

If you were taking the picture , , , er , , who was flying the plane? :shock:

;)

Thanks for the aerial view from work.

• 2 / 154
1540 posts Mar 29 2024