1540 posts
  • 1 / 154
 by BuiltRamTough
7 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Here is the direct feed. Much easier to use then the Rams website.

https://public.earthcam.net/ramslive#/L ... ruction%20

by Hacksaw
7 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

This is cool.

by ramsfan1977
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Does anyone have a clue what the process is as far as construction phases? I am not an engineer that's for sure. I have watched the cam for a few days now and I see these large machines driving into and out of the center of the bowl created during excavation over and over.

by dieterbrock
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

ramsfan1977 wrote:Does anyone have a clue what the process is as far as construction phases? I am not an engineer that's for sure. I have watched the cam for a few days now and I see these large machines driving into and out of the center of the bowl created during excavation over and over.

You've been watching for a few days? Man, you must be tired

by ramsfan1977
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1319  
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:You've been watching for a few days? Man, you must be tired

Lol. I meant for a few minutes each day for the past few.

by Elvis
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsfan1977 wrote:Does anyone have a clue what the process is as far as construction phases? I am not an engineer that's for sure. I have watched the cam for a few days now and I see these large machines driving into and out of the center of the bowl created during excavation over and over.

Probably looking for his keys.

@Hacksaw knows this stuff, hopefully he'll chime in...

by Hacksaw
7 years 3 weeks ago

Elvis wrote:@Hacksaw knows this stuff, hopefully he'll chime in...

I build buildings on a much smaller scale, but In general, not including prefab orders, engineering changes, inspections, staking etc., and not having access to plans,,,,

The graders and earth-movers are still relocating the soil. It is really taking shape. A meteor hitting that spot would have been much faster but the downside is prohibitive.

Next, cranes drilling caissons, cranes hoisting pre-built forms, welders and cement mixers/boom pumpers...

What's left,,

*complete excavation grading, shoring, compaction,
*separate excavation for column bases and other footings, drilling caissons to bedrock,
*foundation forming and reinforcing steel,
*subterranean (sub-t) waterproofing at perimeter and under field, drainage and pump vaults for stadium and lake,
*installation of infrastructure (ie: conduits, pipework, waste / utility supply, mechanical supply and all other under-grounding,
*pumping concrete for foundation, column bases, structural footings and retaining walls, (could include some of the inner bowl, field base and sub-t access to and for sub-t habitable spaces (ie: 3 locker rooms, loading dock's, elevator shafts, escalators, lake, etc.),
*fabrication and installation of steel framework for structure as per plan including escalators, elevator, roof, etc.,
*ETFE roof installation, (this is a typical early stage time to install the roof to protect the environment beneath it.),
*more concrete forming and pours for interior structural walls not related to the roof or waterproofing.
*pull wires and connect water, sewer, gas, propane, fiber optic, telecom etc to city services,
*back-fill where applicable and regrade exterior including lake,
*complete connector roadways for controlled access, initial striping,
*construct interior walls and general framing,
*fenestration (glass/windows) where applicable (int/ext),
*interior, exterior finishes and flat work finishes, columns, paint,
*terminate / trim out all telecom, electrical connections at the end locations / fixtures / scoreboards / press boxes , roof billboard etc.
*stub out water and waste lines.
*more interior finishes (ie: set up locker rooms, kitchens, bars - counter-tops, restaurants, luxury suites, stadium seating etc.),
*trim out plumbing water and all other utility services,
*exterior / interior landscape, irrigation, filters, water features, guard rails, etc.
*install turf, stripe, new uniforms and we should be ready to go win us some games in our new house....

new-stadium.jpg

la-stadium.jpg

by Hacksaw
7 years 3 weeks ago

Capture site.JPG

Such a beautiful backround for a sunny SoCal stadium site, but what I find interesting @SWAdude are the outbound planes heading east.. There must have been Santa Ana wind conditions that day, right? Or are they looping back that close?

Also a series of boom cranes tethered seems like a rather expensive way to hold up a large construction fence. Must have been windy..

by Elvis
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I flew out of LAX about two weeks ago and we took off going East, rare, but it happens.

Flew back at night but got a glimpse of the site and all i can really say is: it's big.

BTW, our Southwest pilot was a real cut up, very funny, and i couldn't help think: I wonder if i know this guy...

• 1 / 154
1540 posts Mar 28 2024