1540 posts
  • 18 / 154
 by HAL 9000
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

Horny Mcbae wrote:Why do we need a roof on this? Its not like rain or weather is an issue.

If it prevents just one Mud Bowl, than it is worth having it.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

HAL 9000 wrote:If it prevents just one Mud Bowl, than it is worth having it.

How could you have a mud bowl on plastic?

by bubbaramfan
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

That view of the jets window looking down on the stadium site reminds me of Shane Grey's rant on how the planes were going to crash into or interfere with their approach to landing. Looks to me like the jet has plenty of clearance.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

bubbaramfan wrote:That view of the jets window looking down on the stadium site reminds me of Shane Grey's rant on how the planes were going to crash into or interfere with their approach to landing. Looks to me like the jet has plenty of clearance.

Shane Grey is an idiot.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

bubbaramfan wrote:That view of the jets window looking down on the stadium site reminds me of Shane Grey's rant on how the planes were going to crash into or interfere with their approach to landing. Looks to me like the jet has plenty of clearance.

I think his whole thing was based on a possible terror attack scenario. Just that it'd be an easy target and planes wouldn't need to change course, so there would be little to no advanced warning.

I'm curious about how loud those plane engines will sound during an event? They seem very close, are you going to hear jet engines roaring by every 10 min during a game? Will broadcast mic's pick them up?

by SWAdude
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Zen_Ronin wrote:I think his whole thing was based on a possible terror attack scenario. Just that it'd be an easy target and planes wouldn't need to change course, so there would be little to no advanced warning.

I'm curious about how loud those plane engines will sound during an event? They seem very close, are you going to hear jet engines roaring by every 10 min during a game? Will broadcast mic's pick them up?

On take off air carriers takeoff with between 85%-100% power for various reasons.

On landing aircraft are typically at 50-55% power. On the ground most the noise you would hear would be wind noise off the aircraft flying over because aircraft engines are required to be so quiet now.

Levi Stadium is right under the departure path of San Jose International. They are an open stadium where the altitude of the aircraft is about the same as those that will be landing at LAX 98% of the time. (I haven't taken off from LAX to the east in over 20 years but it can happen.) Any complaints from those at Levi Stadium? Nope. And I have been there. You really don't hear them.

You may hear the wind noise outside the stadium. But no way inside. If there is any noise as in what any entertainment complex may produce, it won't be noticeable. Especially with the canopy.

As a person who has loved airplanes since a little boy, the planes are going to be part of the amazement for me with the entire LASED experience.

by SWAdude
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

And those looks are completely deceiving. There is a possibility most seats won't even see the planes. Mine might. I could be wrong but I don't think any seats will see any planes landing on the south side of LAX.

The whole crashing and interfere thing is so ridiculus its not worth wasting a word on that.

Although HJ might have a crazy angle to share. ;) :)

• 18 / 154
1540 posts Mar 28 2024