by Elvis
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ince-2008/

Chargers say they have best season ticket sales since 2008

Posted by Josh Alper on September 8, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT

The NFL is expected to hold a town hall-type meeting in San Diego, Oakland and St. Louis so that local fans can “show support for their teams and vent their grievances” about the potential move to Los Angeles that the teams in those cities are contemplating.

Fans in San Diego have been showing their support for the Chargers in another way. The Chargers say, via U-T San Diego, that they have their highest season ticket sales since 2008 this year.

Chargers officials say the team has sold 56,112 season tickets so far this year, which is the most since they sold 60,500 before Norv Turner’s second season as the team’s head coach. In addition to their AFC West rivals, the Chargers host the Lions, Browns, Steelers, Bears and Dolphins this season. The games against the Steelers and Bears will be on Monday nights.

While there are several possible reasons for the spike — enthusiasm about the team, a desire to show the NFL that San Diego will support their team or the potential novelty of being there for the final game at Qualcomm Stadium, to name a few — the lack of progress on stadium talks between the team and the city mean that there’s a pretty good chance that anyone renewing their seats for 2016 will need to do so in a different zip code.

by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=497
I had mentioned in the other thread that another rumored possibility is LA fan buying them to get first crack at the LA Chargers tickets. By being a SD season ticket holder you get first dibbs.

But not according to this.
http://www.chargers.com/tickets/season-tickets

by Elvis
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The Chargers have great fan support in SD.

What if they move to L.A. as 2nd fiddle to Rams and then another team moves to SD, say the Raiders? That would be a nightmare scenario for Chargers where they end up with close to nothing...

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I've been to SD many times before and I was at last years game. It's a great city with great weather. Fans are great as you can see from season tickets sales in a shitty stadium. It could hold a Superbowl and it's a tourist destination. The Chargers only compete with the baseball team there. No NBA no NHL. I understand why Spanos wants LA but SD is not too shabby. Compared to OAK and STL and other markets in the country.

And flush 50 years of history down the drain.

by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BuiltRamTough wrote:I've been to SD many times before and I was at last years game. It's a great city with great weather. Fans are great as you can see from season tickets sales in a shitty stadium. It could hold a Superbowl and it's a tourist destination. The Chargers only compete with the baseball team there. No NBA no NHL. I understand why Spanos wants LA but SD is not too shabby. Compared to OAK and STL and other markets in the country.

And flush 50 years of history down the drain.

All true. I just don't get it.

• 1 / 1
7 posts Mar 28 2024